U.S. Presidential Election 2020

maqroll

U.S. Presidential Election 2020  

125 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

This is probably the most left wing candidate democratic party put in elections ( policy and promises based)

If biden loses democratic party will go more right.

Because no one want to be a loser and if left doesnt vote maybe right will.

Imo it would be absolutely tragic if trump gets 4 more years. Country will suffer democratic party will suffer and left will be irrelevant for decades.

I hope trump will win it will be fun to watch that mess :)

Edited by Tumblerseven

1 hour ago, Tumblerseven said:

This is probably the most left wing candidate democratic party put in elections ( policy and promises based)

I looked at that sentence and didn't really believe it to be true but I did then go and look at what Biden currently stabds for in this election and I think you are correct

He's nowhere near full on marxist but he is surprisingly progressive on a number of issues and I think he probably is as you say more left wing than many or any that went before him

1 hour ago, Tumblerseven said:

I hope trump will win it will be fun to watch that mess

I hope you're joking. I have American friends and I wouldn't wish that nightmare on them. 

• Thanks 1

58 minutes ago, bickster said:

I looked at that sentence and didn't really believe it to be true but I did then go and look at what Biden currently stabds for in this election and I think you are correct

He's nowhere near full on marxist but he is surprisingly progressive on a number of issues and I think he probably is as you say more left wing than many or any that went before him

Biden is as neo-liberal as they come. Every major piece of legislation that has created the current economic order over the past 40 years has his hands on it. It was one thing with Obama, who could speak in a truly impressive manner nad had a meager track record, but how anyone could be fooled by someone with the track record of Biden is beyond me.

14 minutes ago, villakram said:

Biden is as neo-liberal as they come. Every major piece of legislation that has created the current economic order over the past 40 years has his hands on it. It was one thing with Obama, who could speak in a truly impressive manner nad had a meager track record, but how anyone could be fooled by someone with the track record of Biden is beyond me.

The past 40 years is irrelevant to what the poster I was quoting said and then subsequently what I said. Neither of us was talking about his track record, purely what he's standing for now

What you say is true... but not relevant to the discussion

21 minutes ago, villakram said:

Maybe they're not being fooled. 

Maybe they're just weighing up neoliberalism versus fascism and thinking that four years of bog-standard crony-capitalism, while imperfect, is still better than whatever incoherent, simple-minded mess this is.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, ml1dch said:

Maybe they're not being fooled. 

Maybe they're just weighing up neoliberalism versus fascism and thinking that four years of bog-standard crony-capitalism, while imperfect, is still better than whatever incoherent, simple-minded mess this is.

I think if I was an American voter, I'd just want to see an actual politician in the WH. Yes, I'd assume that they were some combination of dishonest/immoral/corrupt, but I realised long ago that politicians are usually all that by default. But at least they should have sufficient education, intelligence, experience and pragmatism to be able to do the job on a day to day basis without making the country a laughing stock in the eyes of the world. Frankly, almost anyone but Trump would do. 

• Like 1

Yeah, I'm actually just going to vote in person, to be honest. I want to mail in, but truthfully I cannot trust that my vote would be counted if I did mail in vote.

So I'll mask, glove, and hazmat suit up and go vote in person.

• Like 2

Â