Pre match

Demitri_C

I expect a mauling.

Fingers crossed klopp puts out the same team he did in the cup, then we might have a chance.

With all the injuries we have at the back, its hard to pick a team.  Hopefully Fred is back so we don't see konsa at rb again.

Palace is the game that matters now, anything we get between now and then is a bonus

Our only hope is Liverpool are absolutely on the beach.

Unfortunately I think they have enough records to chase that they'll still be motivated. Certainly motivated enough to beat the shower of shit we've become

My brother is a Liverpool fan and has invited himself round to mine to watch this. I might give it a miss and play Last of Us 2 instead. 

Anything less than a two goal loss is a decent result. I just hope they don't batter our goal difference as relegation could come down to it. 

9 minutes ago, Herman22 said:

My brother is a Liverpool fan and has invited himself round to mine to watch this. I might give it a miss and play Last of Us 2 instead. 

Anything less than a two goal loss is a decent result. I just hope they don't batter our goal difference as relegation could come down to it. 

So either way it's going to be a slaughter?

• Like 1

We’ve had some good results at Anfield in recent memory. Not this time. Oh no. This will not be a good result. Im telling you now, this will be biblical. Parting of the sea sort of stuff. Mane beating his previous hat trick record of 2 min 41 seconds. Van Dijk with a fat cigar on reading the Sunday Times.

6-0

...at half time

double figures in the Prem for the first time entirely possible

They've already won the league, have nothing to play for, and have a game just a few days previous. Also I think the law of averages has to be working in our favor, considering we haven't beaten a top club in a while, or won a game in a while. Obviously it wouldn't be a great shock to me if we lost, or even if we were comfortably beat, but something tells me we're due a good morale-boosting result.

Edited by useless
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

My team for this match would be: 

Nyland

Elmohamady Konsa Mings Taylor

McGinn Luiz Drinkwater

El Ghazi Davis Grealish 

Subs: Reina, Hause, Nakamba, Hourihane, Samatta, Trezeguet, Baston, Jota

I think that we have to approach every match believing that we have a chance of winning even if it’s against the league champions. Hopefully, they play a weak team but even if they don’t, we can still compete with them

14 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Anyone but nyland please foe the love of god. Id play sarkic. He cant be any worse than butterman nyland

Baston and Sarkic are released as of tomorrow so won’t be available after that. 

Keeping the score down will be brilliant. 1-0 or 2-0 loss will be fine. No expectations for getting anything positive out of this, but get a draw or a win would make up for the performance against wolves. 

• Thanks 1

I'm sure there are league regulations about playing a much weakened team as well, so your hopeful thoughts are wasted I'm afraid. It's all about United and Palace at home, and managing a draw at Goodison. We need to do enough to make sure that Hammers away means something to us.

Nyland - never wear the shirt again please, a walking calamity waiting to happen.

Edited by Raver50032