Pre match

Demitri_C

57 minutes ago, Raver50032 said:

I'm sure there are league regulations about playing a much weakened team as well, so your hopeful thoughts are wasted I'm afraid. It's all about United and Palace at home, and managing a draw at Goodison. We need to do enough to make sure that Hammers away means something to us.

Nyland - never wear the shirt again please, a walking calamity waiting to happen.

And Arsenal at home, they are pretty poor this season (still favourites against us of course), but we simply have to take points against games like Arsenal at home if we are to stay up.

United, Palace & Arsenal (H) and Everton (A) - I think we will need 5-6 points at least from these to go into the final day showdown with a shot at survival at West Ham.

• Like 1

Only little advantage is they play City Thursday night, they will absolutely not want to lose this game and will play as strong a team as possible with it being their first as champions with the whole guard of honor etc and will put everything in.

Added to that City will be also wanting to show them they mean business their is the potential for some fatigue/knocks which may lead to changes on Sunday and maybe some complacency.

For them reasons im going to be positive and predict we will only lose 4-0

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

This will be brutal - not only are Liverpool excellent and on top of the world, but we are terrible against top teams and the players looked bored, demotivated and aimless v Wolves. 

I would say they'll put at least 4 past us sadly, and can't see us scoring.  

• Sad 1

In fairness we produced one of best performances this season at home and where unlucky not to get a hard fought draw. If you had this point with the Spurs one and a win at Arsenal we would be safe. Sigh.  Unfortunately we have regressed quite a bit since.

Great teams like this Liverpool side will not ease up. Every game (well apart from the league cup) they go out to win and win well. I will be happy if we can keep it to 4.

Edited by The Fun Factory
  • Sad 1

Games don't come much easier than this do they? We meet the newly crowned league champions on Sunday and the pundits will still be fawning over them before, during, but hopefully somewhat less so, after this game. They will no doubt, not start with quite their strongest team, as they will have played them all, when they met the league runners-up on Thursday evening. The likes of Milner might even get a start! 

Although the title is secured, they won't be on the beach on Sunday and the players they put out, will not be quite drunk enough following their prolonged celebrations to repeat the one inept display they have produced this season. That 3-0 defeat, unfortunately for us, gifted three precious points to Watford, who had they not won against all odds, would now be a point below us. 

We last won at Anfield in 2014. We also won up there in 2012, and in 2009, so we do have worse away records. This season, two late goals gave them a win at Villa Park and a month later, we put 5 goals past their "boys" on our way to Wembley. Overall, we have won 55 and have drawn 40 of the 183 league games, that there have been between the two clubs. 

That late defeat last November against them, could have the same sort of negative impact on a season, that turning potential victory into defeat, had on us at Leicester, when we were last relegated. Just imagine what getting something from this game, when nobody is giving us a chance of doing so, could do for our confidence. It would give us something, from a game that we can't seriously expect to get anything from. I know that it is highly unlikely that we can get a point, but let's try not to let our goal difference take too much of a battering. A clean sheet would be nice and a goal for us as well, would be even better! Why be realistic, until Sunday at 16.30? ;)       

Edited by John
  • Like 1

On 27/06/2020 at 18:19, Demitri_C said:

86-0

That is all

I admire your optimism but i can't see us getting that many let alone keeping a clean sheet !!!!!!!!

😁

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Now I don't know if this story is true but I have been told that Villa are travelling up the day before and staying at...........The Titanic Hotel !  Talk about Gallows humour.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 27/06/2020 at 20:09, smg said:

No one expects a win so what is the point of 10 pages of we are going to get hammered just close the thread now and open the post match one for a couple of days when we can all say the managers shit the teams shit etc etc etc

Reckon we might sneak it.

We're SO going to lose. Complete hammer time. Smith really is shit, isn't he.

4 hours ago, Chindie said:

You'd have to be a masochist to watch this.

Your right there. I think im giving this one a miss.

Watching the liverpool home coming wankfest (thankfully no fans) then the spanking coming our way no thanks

3 hours ago, The Fun Factory said:

Or a red plastic. Its almost unbearable at the moment, a virulent attack of fake scouse.

I’ve noticed this too. I’m in a wahatsapp group with the fantasy football league I’m in, and the ‘scouse’ on there have been unbearable. Not to mention not one of them has been within 20 miles of Anfield. And one clearing in the woods shared pictures of himself with a whisky and a you’ll never walk alone T-shirt to celebrate this week. I’m sure he supported Man Utd about 6 years ago. 

4 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

I’ve noticed this too. I’m in a wahatsapp group with the fantasy football league I’m in, and the ‘scouse’ on there have been unbearable. Not to mention not one of them has been within 20 miles of Anfield. And one clearing in the woods shared pictures of himself with a whisky and a you’ll never walk alone T-shirt to celebrate this week. I’m sure he supported Man Utd about 6 years ago. 

Scum. Subhuman scum.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Targett out for 3 weeks or so.

Will be a fun match up with Taylor vs TAA.

TAA who loves to cross the ball against a Taylor who's go to move is to back off and allow as much space as possible for players to cross from.

Not that it matters much this game but having Targett out for the rest of the season is not ideal

Not sure what the rules are with regards teams playing weakened sides post lock down but I am praying that there's been a bit of leniency been given to clubs and that Liverpool take full advantage and rest a fair few of their "better" players.

Best team (for us) I think we could realistically face is Alisson, TAA, Gomez, Lovren, Milner, Ox, Fabinho, Keita, Lallana, Origi and Minamino. But even then I wouldn't expect us to get anything from the game.

Maybe it would be better to face all the big hitters and hope that they are over confident/half arsed/hungover, basically anything that gives us a minute chance.

With Targett out it's basically a choice of Taylor or Hause which would mean Elmo or Guilbert in at RB and Konsa into a more natural position. Neither options fill me with much confidence but Taylor actually did "OK" Saturday so I expect that he will get the nod. 

Nyland had another one of his shaky moments on Saturday (he has at least one-per-game) but I still think I would give him the nod over Pepe - Though I wouldn't be overly fussed if a change was made.

Although many (including myself) have been calling for 2 up front I just don't think this is the game to go with that plan and I think Samatta looks a little lost in the time he has been on the field. So I would plump for 4-5-1 with El Ghazi on the right, Jack on the left.

I would say that the only players that are certainties at the moment are Mings, Luiz and Grealish which pretty much sums up why we are where we are and gives a massive indication of our current form.

Therefore I expect and would like to see this - Nyland, Konsa, Mings, Hause, Taylor; El Ghazi, Luiz, Nakamba, McGinn, Grealish, Davis.

Just hope we can put in a performance that's all i ask in games like this, not too much is it?!

UTV