Pre match

Demitri_C

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

They may rest some players as there did seem to be some fatigue.  I mean why risk mane and salah against a hopeless villa side? They could play a weakend side and beat us comfortably 

They will and we will be beaten comfortably 

13 hours ago, Mantis said:

Yeah but if Liverpool were beating City tonight people would be saying "ah it shows that they've still got the hunger".

In truth I'll we'll get soundly beatlen regardless of tonight's game.

Very likely to be true.  Last night's Liverpool would have still comfortably beaten us.  They really weren't that bad,  except for Gomez not knowing how to defend. Sadly, we don't have the players to take advantage of one player having a bad game. And we'd have been 3-0 down by the time City got their first. 

The only hope I have is that klopp experiments given the result, and it goes horribly wrong for them. If he sticks with that team we'll be lucky to go in at half time 3-0 down. That or a minor miracle is happening

48 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

We will lose 2-1. Both goals own goals by Drinkwater. Red card to Trez for being just woeful. Deano will blame a harsh game schedule and an superior opponent.

é scritto

Fixed.

So, this is the first time Liverpool play at home since clinching the title. How many fans are going to turn up and party outside the ground and create some sort of an atmosphere?

Some fireworks were let off 10 mins into last nights game with City, we can only assume these were let off by Liverpool fans.

I can see a fair few fans turning up at Anfield and more fireworks being let off, both off and on the pitch, but sadly not by us.

They just will not be able to stop themselves from continuing the celebrations and in all honesty you can't really blame them. 

• Like 1

Gonna be tough, moreso after last night. They owe us for beating their kids too, could get really ugly. Personally am expecting to get beat by 2 or 3 at least and anything else will be a surprise. A point would be absolutely brilliant and 3 as likely as them actually getting a points deduction for their fans behaviour OR the media even acknowledging they were wrong.

Anyway as it is I would start:

Nyland

Konsa             Mings              Hause

Elmo                         Drinkwater                      Taylor

Luiz                McGinn          Jack

Samatta

based on stopping their wide supply line with those 6 around the middle we might, just might, get some ball retention. I'd start Samatta because Plop do seem to struggle more with smaller mobile players.

🖕🖕🖕🖕🖕

Nyland really is'nt very good at all. A liability with at least one mistake every game and i'm sure the defense have no confidence in him

He needs dropping to the bench.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, imavillan said:

🖕🖕🖕🖕🖕

Nyland really is'nt very good at all. A liability with at least one mistake every game and i'm sure the defense have no confidence in him

He needs dropping to the bench.

Thought about Reina but he is as error prone for me, and at Anfield for him it could go either way brilliant or utter tripe