Pre match

Demitri_C

26 minutes ago, TRO said:

My prediction is.......There will be no surprises from us, doesn't matter what formation we muster.

We will just go through the motions.

same old.

Yep. I’m not going to watch. It’ll be a massacre.

On 29/06/2020 at 20:59, useless said:

They've already won the league, have nothing to play for, and have a game just a few days previous. Also I think the law of averages has to be working in our favor, considering we haven't beaten a top club in a while, or won a game in a while. Obviously it wouldn't be a great shock to me if we lost, or even if we were comfortably beat, but something tells me we're due a good morale-boosting result.

• The new league champions are unbeaten in 56 home league games, winning the last 23 in a row.

• The Reds need five wins from their final six league matches to break the English top-flight points record of 100, set by Manchester City in 2017-18.

• Another five league victories would give Liverpool 33 for the season, eclipsing City's record of 32.

• Liverpool's only defeat against a side in the relegation zone in their past 24 league matches at Anfield came against Swansea City in January 2017 (W17, D6).

• Dean Smith's side are enduring the longest current winless run in the division, with two draws and six defeats in eight games.

• Villa's only two victories in their past 34 top-flight away fixtures came against Norwich in October and Burnley in January (D6, L26).

• They have only managed two points from 15 Premier League away fixtures against the side starting the day top of the table since beating Leeds 2-1 in January 2000.

• The Villans are on a club Premier League record run of 23 consecutive away fixtures without a clean sheet.

• They are winless in all 15 league fixtures this season against the teams who begin this matchround in the top nine of the table (D2, L13).

• Jack Grealish has gone nine league appearances without a goal and only contributed one assist in those matches.

So yeah, 3-0 Villa on that basis!

Edited by AvfcRigo82
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

I don't see us getting hammered. Liverpool don't tend to trash that many teams, get to 2 nil and ease up so unless we defend terribly (which is always an option) I think we'll be in the game until the hour mark.

Think Man. United are more likely to stick 4 goals past us with the way they're attacking currently.

On 30/06/2020 at 21:24, alreadyexists said:

And one clearing in the woods shared pictures of himself with a whisky and a you’ll never walk alone T-shirt to celebrate this week. 

Lidl whisky I'll bet. 

• Haha 1

Just checked and Liverpool have only beaten 3 teams by more than two goals at Anfield this season in the league.

Recently they only beat Bournemouth 2-1 and West Ham 3-2. Just giving up if we concede in first 10 minutes and losing by 4 or 5 will just be another game to sum up our defeatist attitude in these type of games.

Edited by VillaChris

46 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Just checked and Liverpool have only beaten 3 teams by more than two goals at Anfield this season in the league.

Recently they only beat Bournemouth 2-1 and West Ham 3-2. Just giving up if we concede in first 10 minutes and losing by 4 or 5 will just be another game to sum up our defeatist attitude in these type of games.

Its at the stage where we need a point there and whether we loose by 2 or 4 doesn't matter. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, PaulC said:

Its at the stage where we need a point there and whether we loose by 2 or 4 doesn't matter. 

Need to keep the GD difference close to watford though. See with Bournemouth who a few weeks back had a better GD of about 5-6. A few heavy defeats later and it's worse than ours.

We obviously have to win at least one game to have serious chance of staying up but at same time not getting smashed in the games we do lose in the run in is important aswell.

Hopefully Chelsea wake up and beat Watford by 2 or 3 and Man. City also do the same so then their GD won't be far off ours and we could feasibly look to finish above them if we're both level on points.

Well we know before it even starts that if we play more of the same we will be ineffective in attack.

For Smith to pull a rabbit out the hat he will have to change things dramatically, dont ask me how I'm not a Manager, I do think its time to see what Barry has to offer though.

12 hours ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Dean Smith's side are enduring the longest current winless run in the division, with two draws and six defeats in eight games.

And some people on here think we are staying up...

I would like to see:

Reina

Guilbert     Konsa   Mings   Taylor

Nakamba         Luiz

ElGhazi                           Grealish

Samatta   Davis

... but it won’t make a blind bit of difference what we do! 😆