Pre match

Demitri_C

Harvey Elliot will almost certainly feature as he needs a few more games to get his winners medal.

Same goes for one or 2 others. But they are not going to play the team they fielded in the cup against us. They want to break records.

On 29/06/2020 at 15:37, Stevo985 said:

Our only hope is Liverpool are absolutely on the beach.

Unfortunately I think they have enough records to chase that they'll still be motivated. Certainly motivated enough to beat the shower of shit we've become

Even if they'll be at the beach which i don't think they will.

A Liverpool in first gear is still enough to comfortably beat us.

Edited by villalad21

On 30/06/2020 at 07:02, Robtaylor200 said:

I keep reading "They have nothing to play for" Where is this coming from 

Their intention is to win every game and break the record of the most points scored in the Premier league 

Unlike us, they will still bust a gut to win.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, AntrimBlack said:

Unlike us, they will still bust a gut to win.

This. Liverpool players are winners, they got there by hard work.

Even though Liverpool have nothing to play for we can all predict how this will go: Liverpool players will work harder than our players and care more than our players. Klopp will plan better and work harder than Dean Smith to win this game. 

A team and club that wanted to stay in the Premier league would be busting a gut to beat Liverpool. Yet we all know how it will go, Liverpool will be more up for it than us.

• Like 1

No more excuses we need a win, Liverpool say they want to get as many points as possible but every team says that once they've achieved their main objective for the season, if we were mathematically safe we'd be saying that we want to get as many points as possible, but the truth is it never works like that as players switch off even if they don't do it consciously. Just have to forget about who we're playing and beat them, they've got nothing to play for and we're playing for our premiership survival, the right not to be cast back into the championship.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, useless said:

No more excuses we need a win, Liverpool say they want to get as many points as possible but every team says that once they've achieved their main objective for the season, if we were mathematically safe we'd be saying that we want to get as many points as possible, but the truth is it never works like that as players switch off even if they don't do it consciously. Just have to forget about who we're playing and beat them, they've got nothing to play for and we're playing for our premiership survival, the right not to be cast back into the championship.

Fighting talk but do you honestly think our players believe they can go to Anfield and win. 

10 hours ago, useless said:

They want to break Man City point record so they defo have got something to play for.

1 hour ago, villalad21 said:

They want to break Man City point record so they defo have got something to play for.

They can currently get to 107, so I guess we hope they win at man city and then take their eye off the ball against us. Complacency? It's happened (Watford away). Very unlikely I know. Impossible. No

1 hour ago, Mjvilla said:

They can currently get to 107, so I guess we hope they win at man city and then take their eye off the ball against us. Complacency? It's happened (Watford away). Very unlikely I know. Impossible. No

Klopp is such a winner he won't let complacency happen. They will play full strength against us and won't hold back. No mercy.

1 hour ago, villalad21 said:

Klopp is such a winner he won't let complacency happen. They will play full strength against us and won't hold back. No mercy.

You've even quoted a game where complacency happened....

4 minutes ago, Mjvilla said:

You've even quoted a game where complacency happened....

Don't know if you've missed this season but we never beat the top sides.

Smith doesn't got a clue tactically that's why we are still the only team in the league to have never beaten a top 6 side.

2 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Don't know if you've missed this season but we never beat the top sides.

Smith doesn't got a clue tactically that's why we are still the only team in the league to have never beaten a top 6 side.

That wasn't what you said though. You said that klopp doesn't let complacency happen. He does and he has. This very season.

1 minute ago, Mjvilla said:

That wasn't what you said though. You said that klopp doesn't let complacency happen. He does and he has. This very season.

I watched that game and Watford fought their a**** off. 

Something we simply doesn't do.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, villalad21 said:

I watched that game and Watford fought their a**** off. 

Something we simply doesn't do.

Watford, the Watford who lost, comfortably, at home to Southampton in their last game with no shots on target? Didn't show much fight then. 

Look, I get what you're saying. I really do. And I'm trying to provide balance and fairness instead of reading so much negativity, all the time, in every thread.