Covid-19 and Football

Zatman

9 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

He's actually saying he doesn't think every team should get a vote as part of the Premier league there - that only the teams who really understand the effect of playing Champions league football should get to vote - he's a prick.

He's moaning about how hard it is to be successful and have to play more games. Fairly simple solution to that. It's like moaning that you feel drunk if you drink to much. 

Here is an idea why not increase squad size whilst Covid is around to 30 from 25 that way you have more players to choose from when some are self isolating.

The 5 sub thing is not going to help and less games is not happening so I think a compromise is the way forward.

Would make teams think harder about loaning out players.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, S-Platt said:

Here is an idea why not increase squad size whilst Covid is around to 30 from 25 that way you have more players to choose from when some are self isolating.

The 5 sub thing is not going to help and less games is not happening so I think a compromise is the way forward.

Or would make the top 6 raid the rest for the best players to use as fringe players 

5 subs should only be allowed if 3 come from the youth team. I am sure happy guy/man of the people Klopp will find something to cry about

2 hours ago, S-Platt said:

That would be a great idear.The FA also could use this to reduce wages so smaller clubs can afford to have squads of 33 ( 3 full teams ) and then every game MUST be played using the resoueces you have.They could add rules like every team must include 2/3 academy/ or  u 23 players.

The important thing is that this virus is here to stay,it wont go away next year so we need to change the rules for the new future. 

3 hours ago, S-Platt said:

That’s a great idea - especially when clubs like City and Chelsea Game the system with that outrageous number of loans 

Just now, OutByEaster? said:

"Covid"

Wilson's got knee-covid for example.

Right? I’m confused with why injuries are being considered alongside covid cases - normally in an injury crisis the problem is yours and you have to play the kids.

• Like 2

Shame was looking forward to watching Newcastle struggling again. Seems like a convenient excuse when their two best players are injured doesn't it?

Too late now but the rule should probably have been to do with number of Covid cases rather than available first team players. Everyone has a 25 man squad plus infinite U21s so 8 positive cases to postpone doesn't seem unreasonable.

Just now, fightoffyour said:

Shame was looking forward to watching Newcastle struggling again. Seems like a convenient excuse when their two best players are injured doesn't it?

Too late now but the rule should probably have been to do with number of Covid cases rather than available first team players. Everyone has a 25 man squad plus infinite U21s so 8 positive cases to postpone doesn't seem unreasonable.

The statement seems to say covid and injuries 

If that's 2 covid + 9 injuries then sorry to say it but **** em 

Not sure how it works with declaring the covid, I'm guessing they have to pass on the details of positive tests to the PL but not to the public 

It looks and sounds like nonsense and because of 3 injuries not corona 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

The statement seems to say covid and injuries 

If that's 2 covid + 9 injuries then sorry to say it but **** em 

Not sure how it works with declaring the covid, I'm guessing they have to pass on the details of positive tests to the PL but not to the public 

It looks and sounds like nonsense and because of 3 injuries not corona 

Their bench against Man Utd looked pretty light so I imagine they’ve got some covid cases too. Good timing though!

Â