Covid-19 and Football

Zatman

47 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

Whole season feels fake to me now. All these results are tainted by the fact that some teams are completely decimated or even if they're able to put out a team, they're unfit. 

The injury thing has done it for me

Not even sure what the covid rules are, if there even are any but this can't put a team out stuff feels like complete bollocks if they're including injured players in the mix 

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

The injury thing has done it for me

Not even sure what the covid rules are, if there even are any but this can't put a team out stuff feels like complete bollocks if they're including injured players in the mix 

Absolutely, it should have been Covid related only. Perhaps they should have had to report which players are tested positive and which players are injured, so the injured players are banned from participating in the rescheduled game if they’d like to postpone.

Not like they’d ever actually think of something fair and sensible like that, though.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, a m ole said:

Absolutely, it should have been Covid related only. Perhaps they should have had to report which players are tested positive and which players are injured, so the injured players are banned from participating in the rescheduled game if they’d like to postpone.

Not like they’d ever actually think of something fair and sensible like that, though.

I'm amazed if they don't have to provide evidence of players who have tested positive 

Maybe I'm a bit skewed from watching the NFL where they have to declare those who test positive and who is in contact with them, under both circumstances there are defined stay away periods and big penalties for those who don't abide 

If clubs are declaring the positives and then blagging the contact so that more players are missing then fair enough that's hard for the PL to control but if they're blagging the positives then what the **** is going on

If they do what I think they're doing which is taking the 25 man squad, minus covid players then minus injuries and seeing if they have 18 players available then that's also a joke, it should be 25 man squad less 7 properly tested and declared proven covid cases before the game is called off, maybe special circumstances if its hit the GK group in training 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

f they do what I think they're doing which is taking the 25 man squad, minus covid players then minus injuries and seeing if they have 18 players available then that's also a joke, it should be 25 man squad less 7 properly tested and declared proven covid cases before the game is called off, maybe special circumstances if its hit the GK group in training 

That’s what I assume they’ve lazily done.

The ice hockey youth WC (which is a pretty big thing) has just been cancelled less than halfway through the tournament due to Covid in pretty much every squad. Shambles.

Just waiting for the Olympics to be cancelled.

• Sad 1

5 hours ago, Keyblade said:

Whole season feels fake to me now. All these results are tainted by the fact that some teams are completely decimated or even if they're able to put out a team, they're unfit. 

Injuries are part of the game and covid will be an injury soon

Teams like Leeds and Newcastle making it sound dodgy id bad. 

We proudly played our academy team vs Liverpool league winning XI last season 

3 minutes ago, Zatman said:

If injuries were contagious I can see that, but there's no legislating for a virus ravaging both playing and non-playing staff alike. Managers unable to take training etc, it's not an even playing field imo. 

9 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

If injuries were contagious I can see that, but there's no legislating for a virus ravaging both playing and non-playing staff alike. Managers unable to take training etc, it's not an even playing field imo. 

I completely understand but the 2 teams i said dont have intense covid  issues

Leeds have about 10 injuries and one Cobid case. Newcastle got 2 injuries last games now they have a break.... Its bullshit 

• Like 1

As Covid is pretty much here for ever they need to change the rules.Games must be played ( no matter what ) and to do that every team needs a bigger squad ( including Championship and Lge 1/2 teams )so the FA/PL must do something about players wages.

11 minutes ago, PussEKatt said:

As Covid is pretty much here for ever they need to change the rules.Games must be played ( no matter what ) and to do that every team needs a bigger squad ( including Championship and Lge 1/2 teams )so the FA/PL must do something about players wages.

That is a terrible idea. Why should they give teams more money to waste

57 minutes ago, Zatman said:

That is a terrible idea. Why should they give teams more money to waste

Because the only other alternative is to keep postponing games for the next 10 years and beyond and having extended seasons and teams playing no games this week and 3 games next week etc etc etc.Unless Covod finishes next week of corse.

18 hours ago, Keyblade said:

Give it two months and nobody will remember. Injuries happen, players miss games, suspensions, covid, etc. Just have to get on with it, nobody cares about excuses. 

1 hour ago, PussEKatt said:

As Covid is pretty much here for ever they need to change the rules.

The pandemic will be over by march/april. Covid is basically already just another head cold. It will just be another flu like virus in circulation that mutates. It's time the world moved on. 

• Shocked 1

1 hour ago, villa89 said:

The pandemic will be over by march/april. Covid is basically already just another head cold. It will just be another flu like virus in circulation that mutates. It's time the world moved on. 

The pandemic might be, the panic won't 

21 hours ago, Keyblade said:

Football in general feels so fake to me now. 

I'm reaching the point of the final straw that is going to break this camel's back. 

16 hours ago, Zatman said:

Now that you bring up the Liverpool game, can someone remind/explain to me why that game didn’t get called off in the end? 

we’re seeing games get called off left right and centre when clubs still have over 10 or more senior players available which must have been more than we had at the time of that Liverpool game…

Â