Covid-19 and Football

Zatman

2 hours ago, Zatman said:

Klopp is isolating so we will have a few games without him crying

He'll Zoom call in if needed. Also sadly his Assistant appears to whinge nearly as much. 

• Like 1

On 01/01/2022 at 23:08, Zatman said:

I dont see the issue why they are at the Darts, they have done nothing illegal and have no game tomorrow and the players arent sick. Social media scandal out of nothing

Some people seem to think footballers should be held to a higher standard than anyone else, which is pretty baffling when you consider they're generally a bunch of young, rich, poorly educated blokes. 

8 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

Liverpool should be made to play their youth them then - we had to.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/59872772

Agreed, but it's a different tournament with different rules and under the remit of a different organisation so there's not really a precedent

Edit: This, on the other hand...

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11675/12081192/tottenham-handed-carabao-cup-bye-as-leyton-orient-forfeit-tie-following-positive-coronavirus-tests

Tottenham have been awarded a bye into round four of the Carabao Cup to host Chelsea, with Leyton Orient forced to forfeit their round-three tie.

The original fixture between Spurs and Orient was called off on Tuesday due to positive coronavirus tests at the League Two club, with Orient owner Nigel Travis critical of the decision and warning it may encourage clubs not to test players.

In a statement on Friday, the EFL said: "In accordance with Carabao Cup Rules, Tottenham Hotspur have been awarded with a bye to progress to Round Four of the Carabao Cup and will now play Chelsea on Tuesday 29 September.

Edited by Davkaus
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Davkaus said:

Agreed, but it's a different tournament with different rules and under the remit of a different organisation so there's not really a precedent

Tottenham handed Carabao Cup bye as Leyton Orient forfeit tie following positive coronavirus tests

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11675/12081192/tottenham-handed-carabao-cup-bye-as-leyton-orient-forfeit-tie-following-positive-coronavirus-tests

• Like 2

The wriggle room they have here is that there is a lot more time to reschedule it. The rules specify that the match must be rescheduled before the first match of the following round - in Orient's case they had to fit the game in within the next week. In this case, they have until the final at the end of February. 

14 hours ago, Davkaus said:

The wriggle room they have here is that there is a lot more time to reschedule it. The rules specify that the match must be rescheduled before the first match of the following round - in Orient's case they had to fit the game in within the next week. In this case, they have until the final at the end of February. 

To be fair, I'm actually OK with this if they would be transparent and explicitly say this is the difference from previous instances. But, of course they won't say anything.

Am I the only one who's sick of hearing about this Liverpool game and couldn't care less if it's called off or not. They played our younsters last season, and we played their youngsters the season before.

Not getting into my opinion on covid because it seems to differ massively to most on here and I am not getting into a debate about it but calling this game off when we were made to play our kids against Liverpool is **** ridiculous 

Â