Covid-19 and Football

Zatman

4 hours ago, foreveryoung said:

The top teams know how to get games called off, it is why you are seeing more. If in doubt and only 1 or 2 players has the virus, close the training ground then no one can train.

Which creates a log jam of games down the line which the big teams can survive better due to better squads but also allows them to moan about congestion. 

• Like 2

Which all goes to show that if they formed their owne Super League,there would be less games to play and then they would have nothing to moan about.A further bonus is that they would be playing in a totally different league to us common people. 

2 hours ago, Zatman said:

Premier League is going to have quite the backlog

It's starting to get quite concerning and it's something the league needs to start addressing in terms of re-arranging games as soon as possible.

I don't want us to end up having to play four games in a week because Burnley and Leeds couldn't get their acts together.

2 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

It's starting to get quite concerning and it's something the league needs to start addressing in terms of re-arranging games as soon as possible.

I don't want us to end up having to play four games in a week because Burnley and Leeds couldn't get their acts together.

Some teams have played 4 more games than Burnley and only 3 teams have played the 21 league games so far 

Its getting way out of hand, throwing in the injuries and suspensions plus Covid as a reason to cancel has **** things up

4 hours ago, Zatman said:

Arsenal now want the Spurs game called off. They just played last night 😂😂

It's almost like they want the game called off because Xhaka is suspended.

I think the league needs to add a little clarity to the rule - we've seen Klopp appear to shamelessly abuse it and if other clubs follow we face chaos later in the season.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

It's almost like they want the game called off because Xhaka is suspended.

I think the league needs to add a little clarity to the rule - we've seen Klopp appear to shamelessly abuse it and if other clubs follow we face chaos later in the season.

Doubt it will be made so clear in black and white, that would mean all teams would have to be treated the same and we know that's not going to happen.

• Like 1

Their statement:

We can confirm we have made an application to the Premier League for the postponement of Sunday’s north London derby against Tottenham Hotspur.

We have reluctantly taken this step but we have many players currently unavailable across our squad as a result of Covid, injuries and players away with their countries at AFCON.

We will provide more information as soon as it’s available.

https://www.arsenal.com/north-london-derby-update-premier-league-tottenham

Only one of those things (should!) count.

A dangerous precedent is being set here, Newcastle in particular have already abused it to postpone a number of games where they would have been missing ASM and now also have Trippier and Wood as well as him being fit again - Which could be pivotal in the relegation battle. 

The premier league have backed themselves into a corner here so many flippant postponements which were dubiously valid, they need to put their foot down. Arsenal played yesterday FFS!

• Like 4

16 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

Leeds have persuaded me that we need minimum squad sizes as well as maximum ones. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, penguin said:

Their statement:

Only one of those things (should!) count.

A dangerous precedent is being set here, Newcastle in particular have already abused it to postpone a number of games where they would have been missing ASM and now also have Trippier and Wood as well as him being fit again - Which could be pivotal in the relegation battle. 

The premier league have backed themselves into a corner here so many flippant postponements which were dubiously valid, they need to put their foot down. Arsenal played yesterday FFS!

Yep, we all knew it was going to happen. The lack of transparency about covid testing and levels at each club. The league has allowed this fixture crunch. Abysmal. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

Yep, we all knew it was going to happen. The lack of transparency about covid testing and levels at each club. The league has allowed this fixture crunch. Abysmal. 

Greatest League In The World apparently but couldn't organise a piss up in a brewery 

The rules are 13 outfield players and one goalkeeper available. As far as I know, it does not state "senior" or "professional" outfield players. So, tell me again why Arsenal had the game called off?

Just now, a-k said:

The rules are 13 outfield players and one goalkeeper available. As far as I know, it does not state "senior" or "professional" outfield players. So, tell me again why Arsenal had the game called off?

I'm hoping we will get a explanation on this. 

AFCON shouldn't be used as an excuse to call games off. You buy African players, you know the risk that you may lose them for a month every other year. 

Â