Covid-19 and Football

Zatman

Just now, IrishVilla10 said:

The premier league have done a terrible job handling covid this month 

This month?! 

The mental thing is they've seemingly put nothing in place after last season, how did project restart not include defined rules and contingencies moving forward? They still seem to be making it up as they go along 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Xela said:

Haha. I looked at Dean Smith when he took over at Villa. He seemed much slimmer and younger looking... and things went well for him here! 

This job has the same effect as choosing the wrong goblet in Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade! 

The Man U job is like opening the Ark of the Covenant if you’re a nazi.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Burnley v Everton postponed now as well.

Seems a bit daft to keep playing when it is clearly running through a number of different teams. Seems by the time it has been spotted it has already passed onto other people. 

BBC

Tottenham boss Antonio Conte says Thursday's meeting between managers and the Premier League to discuss issues around the Covid-19 pandemic was like talking to a brick wall.

On Monday the league chose to continue playing through the Christmas period.

Three games on 26 December have now been postponed, taking the total to 13, while players and club staff returned a record 90 positive tests last week.

Asked if the meeting was a waste of time, Conte said: "I think so." 

The Italian added: "Yesterday it was [like talking to] a wall and for this reason I also prefer to not go into it."

The Premier League has declined to comment and BBC Sport has been told Spurs boss Conte did not contribute to any discussions within the meeting.

On 23/12/2021 at 22:34, AntrimBlack said:

Play all the games or don't play any games. That's fair. A winter break.

I’m starting to lean this way too. It’s more of a lottery than a competition by now.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, PussEKatt said:

Are other sports the same as football ( as far as the virus is concerned ) or is it only soccer players that are too scared to get jabbed ?

NFL is the same, seemingly lots of players not jabbed and getting it

The difference is NFL have said the games are on, use skeleton squads and back ups

PL should do the same or call it off at the moment it's in between 

• Like 1

Â