Ratings & Reactions: Southampton v Villa

limpid

Match Polls  

131 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your Man of the Match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 25/02/20 at 23:59

Just now, nokesy said:

**** it, didn’t sack Smith In December and now we are Paying the price. Anyone who thinks we have a glimmer of hope of staying up must have started watching football yesterday 

That run against relegation rivals put the writing on the wall. The owners ignored it. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I didn’t think we would get anything from this but I didn’t think we’d lose so badly. The score flattered us. They should have won by a lot more.

That's the worst part.  We are supposed to be fighting for our lives and they look liked they were playing a preseason and were 3-0 up and just cruising.....it was a f@cking disgrace!

If we had lost 4 or 5 nil it would have been been a fairer reflection on the game.

Absolutely terrible performance and the pressure has to be on Smith.

If the idea of playing 3 centre backs is to make us harder to beat it isn't working anymore and now we carry little attacking threat too!

1 shot on target against the worst home team in the league

It isn't even surprising, we are a soft touch and have been for a decade. Nakamba and Luiz are weak as fish piss. So easy to play against.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, PaddytheVillan said:

We've been bad in several games this season, but always had a couple of good patches.

This game, we were utter garbage from the first minute to the last, and the second goal summed up the game. 

Norwich 20th, Villa 19th, come May. 

I think you are over estimating us

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, NurembergVillan said:

At least we're not playing Man City at Wembley live on TV next.  That'd be embarrassing.

Give my tickets up.....I could see it coming from weeks back and I remember the arsenal pain.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

No point in sacking Smith now, all we can do is get behind the team and hope we can snatch a few results. 

The most worrying thing about Smith is that he just can't seem to get the team going - I can't remember a second half where we've come out fighting after a rousing team talk. 

You might not have liked o'Neil but sometimes it seemed like we had a different set of players on the second half.. 

• Haha 1

Â