Ratings & Reactions: Southampton v Villa

limpid

Match Polls  

131 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your Man of the Match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 25/02/20 at 23:59

18 minutes ago, Talldarkandransome said:

Smith, Terry etc need to have a balls out gloves off discussion with the squad as soon as training starts on Sunday or Monday. Regardless of whether their heads are at Wembley or not. I've not seen this lack of fight since we got relegated. 

We have good owners with money, good staff and a capped figure of 30k season ticket holders. Yet we are still f****** it up. Only at Villa

giphy.gif

Edited by Brumstopdogs
  • Haha 1

We all knew this season would be tough and we are still not completely out of it but we are doing the complete opposite of peaking at the right time. We are playing worse virtually every week and next week could hurt. The sooner we have Super John back the better.  If we can learn to defend and we have Mcginn and Jack at their best we might have half a chance of staying up but still  we must be odds on to go down now. Just too soft, to naive and are not learning from our lessons all season. 

5 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

We all knew this season would be tough and we are still not completely out of it but we are doing the complete opposite of peaking at the right time. We are playing worse virtually every week and next week could hurt. The sooner we have Super John back the better.  If we can learn to defend and we have Mcginn and Jack at their best we might have half a chance of staying up but still  we must be odds on to go down now. Just too soft, to naive and are not learning from our lessons all season. 

I don't want to be a kiljoy, but he may take some time to get match fit and even then he was iffy, when he got injured.

I wouldn't hold out too much hope on that......I think it needs a new voice, quickly, to have any chance of stopping up.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Davkaus said:

Worst home form. 1 clean sheet in 18. 2-0 does not represent that game, we were played off the pitch by quite a poor side. 

Dropping all points to these and Bournemouth is what has taken us down.

Good **** job. Smith out.

I know your sad but we are not down yet 

11 minutes ago, PaulC said:

Its too late now. Both south coast teams did the double on us. Its pretty dissapointing. 

and more importantly, pretty ****ing inevitable....which is the real crime.

We are far more shocking than folk on here are saying.

Can't believe the sheer number of no shows we have seen this season. The number of defeats where the players have looked not bothered is a disgrace for a Premier League football team. Am going next week as it's my daughters first chance of a Wembley Cup Final outing......That is the only reason i'm going believe me.

That was one of a few Must win away games today & they never even bothered to turn up.... Disgusted with the team. Can we still send white feathers to them these days?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, danceoftheshamen said:

Can't believe the sheer number of no shows we have seen this season. The number of defeats where the players have looked not bothered is a disgrace for a Premier League football team. Am going next week as it's my daughters first chance of a Wembley Cup Final outing......That is the only reason i'm going believe me.

That was one of a few Must win away games today & they never even bothered to turn up.... Disgusted with the team. Can we still send white feathers to them these days?

I can, its happened too often.

How must most of the fans feel, going to that final after that debacle....its shocking.....what other club would do that to fantastic fans.

I suspect if we get a drubbing, a decision will be made on Dean.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, TRO said:

after.😀

When did we hit our iceberg 🙁 I don't understand why getting to a cup final should have an adverse effect on league form. It must be down to current attitudes because it never did to us in the past.

The fans criticising Grealish, on twitter need to take a long hard look at themselves.

If they can find time to criticise him after him carrying us all season, maybe it is time for him to go and join a team where players support him and he don't have to do it all on his own.

To have the gall to have a pop at him, while the rest of the bag of spanners, drift around aimlessly, beggars belief.

I have heard it all now.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, PaulC said:

When did we hit our iceberg 🙁 I don't understand why getting to a cup final should have an adverse effect on league form. It must be down to current attitudes because it never did to us in the past.

something doesn't feel right to me.

Having said that, The most central thing to turning a training camp toxic, is constant defeats on the bounce, questions get raised, whispers start and doubt creeps in., gaps appear in relationships......we forget sometimes, before that fantastic run, last season, the 10 games prior, we won 1.....this is nothing new.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, PaulC said:

Man City.

Â