Carney Chukwuemeka

Villan4Life

Just now, VillaJay said:

Both can play in the same team if they're good enough. Ramsay has played well this season, and with under 20 pl games/minutes under his belt is arguably one of our most exciting talents since Jack.

Think Gerrard will have our midfielders running themselves into the ground like Klopp does, which means lots of different players featuring in the middle. Definitely think we'll see plenty of Chuk, Ramsey, Sanson, etc. in addition to McGinn and Luiz (probably the first picks).

• Like 2

Just now, Stevo985 said:

Ramsey has been very encouraging. But Carney seems more exciting and attacking from what little I've seen of him.

Ramsey is another McGinn/Nakamba/Luiz.

We need something different in the middle of the park rather than just another water carrier

I think Ramsay has shown enough glimpses that he'll be more than another water carrier.

But Carney, looks a talent, different types of players but would be brilliant if both can push into starting players for us.

3 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

I thought it was a very average cameo from him if I'm honest. I know he's got a languid style but there didn't seem to be a lot of urgency about him considering it's one of his first first team apps.

Very average sadly. Maybe overawed

• Confused 1

This is why I love VT and how two people.cam watch something and have polar opinions almost… As what I saw tonight was a brilliant cameo from a top class prospect. Did what was (reasonably) expected under the circumstances against world class opponents. He came on, made an impact and didn't let the team or himself down one bit and is another building block in his burgeoning career. More excited about Carney than any other Villa player since well , Graham Fenton ( who i thought would be amazing back i the day given his surprise Coca Cola cup inclusion - soon found out how misguided I was but I was 14/15 … ) jokes aside kids is v.special ! 

• Thanks 1

The most polite way of saying this is that I don't understand some of the opinions on here regarding this kid. Carney has it in him to be a top class number 10. Maybe even better than that. He needs to play and hopefully will. His potential is incredible.

Ramsey is a class number 8 in the making. Different type of player. They can easily play in the same team.

• Like 4

Struggling to understand what Ramsey has to do with Carney. Different players. One is also 2 years older at peak development ages. I thought Carney did fine today considering the opposition. He has a bright future.

Obviously Ramsey isn’t fit or would have started or at least come on. 

Edited by Vive_La_Villa
  • Like 1

I didn't think he was that great. Tried things that he cam get away with in youth or reserve games but hopefully he will learn

Good movement for the chance but is way down the pecking order for me 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Zatman said:

I didn't think he was that great. Tried things that he cam get away with in youth or reserve games but hopefully he will learn

Good movement for the chance but is way down the pecking order for me 

I'm not even counting the miss against him. He was just going through the motions in his time on the pitch. Few easy lay offs and one twos. Don't remember much of anything else. I don't think this is a harsh criticism, he just didn't really get in the game but it was Man City and would like to see more cameos

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Mate let it go. He’s proven you wrong already. You can admit it.

Who? Ramsey?

I've consistently said he's a very promising player who has a big future at the club. That's still true as far as I'm concerned.
The point I'm making here is he's not currently good enough to be a first choice player for us in the PL. He is sometimes, but he's too inconsistent currently.

It'll come though, he's made huge leaps already this season.

Do you not think he's good enough?

25 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

I'm not even counting the miss against him. He was just going through the motions in his time on the pitch. Few easy lay offs and one twos. Don't remember much of anything else. I don't think this is a harsh criticism, he just didn't really get in the game but it was Man City and would like to see more cameos

He didn't miss, it was saved. And how can you say he didn't get in the game when timed his run to perfection? Arguably he could have took it first time and gave the keeper less time to react but he didn't panic and places his shots. Plus he's a kid learning his trade, however talented. He'll put plenty of those chances away. 

• Like 1

Â