Carney Chukwuemeka

Villan4Life

I'm seeing lots of people on social media saying they hope he (or Barry) becomes our next hero.

I hope he comes good and does well for us, but I don't want him to become our next talisman or anything. No club competing at the very top of football has a talisman (with the exception of Barca until now, but Messi is a whole different level of player so it's bound to happen). Talismans are for wannabes.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Fair play to the lad. I like him a lot. Today’s team may give us an indication of the team to play Watford. 

Hopefully, looking forward to it. With regard to Carney you could see the muscle he has put on that was reported

Edited by Follyfoot

10 minutes ago, Follyfoot said:

I would say you are correct but he didn’t half look at home yesterday with the first team

Agree, without overhyping him, physically and technically he looked comfortable albeit in a 20 minute hi-tempo, hi-press 9v9.

I do think he will get minutes this year from the bench for sure, not sure Deano will throw him in against Watford who tend to have some muscle in the middle

I still wouldn’t be surprised to see him go out on loan , currently we have 7 central midfielder , that’s a fair bit of competition, I agree he looks comfortable among the first team but we’ve invested a full season in Ramsey who I think will feature as much this season, Carney might very well be the better of the two but if he doesn’t get enough minutes then a loan would be better.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, gwi1890 said:

I still wouldn’t be surprised to see him go out on loan , currently we have 7 central midfielder , that’s a fair bit of competition, I agree he looks comfortable among the first team but we’ve invested a full season in Ramsey who I think will feature as much this season, Carney might very well be the better of the two but if he doesn’t get enough minutes then a loan would be better.

It depends how he is looked at by Deano. He played alot of football at 10 last season . Even though he is physically reminiscent of a CM . 

He could even play the Greedish role such is his touch and vision and guile. He has such quick feet. 

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, gwi1890 said:

In my opinion Ramsey is far more likely to go out on loan with one eye on moving him on. I don't think he's of the required standard, at the moment, and the only way he is ever going to reach that standard is with consistent game time. 

Chukwuemeka as a 17(!) year old looks a class above anything our youth team have produced since Grealish and he is one of few in that kinda bracket since I have been supporting the club. Cahill is the only other who stands out, or Barry if you count him. So we are talking elite level talent.

There's a high bust rate with players of his type, but I wouldn't be shocked to see him break through this season. He will be this seasons Ramsey, only he's a better player, so more likely to end up taking the mantle. 

• Like 1

I think that if you even just watch his finishing you can see how different it is to alot of others at that age. He can place it extremely well. He can hit with real power and he can manipulate the ball easily to either finish low or high. His second goal in the newcastle youth cup game and the opener against west brom made me watch them over and over . Aaron is a great goal getting midfielder but at higher levels just like his brother i think he will find it far more difficult. Carney i think would be prolific in the Premier . He just has something really special. 

11 hours ago, Greenfly said:

No club competing at the very top of football has a talisman (with the exception of Barca until now, but Messi is a whole different level of player so it's bound to happen). Talismans are for wannabes

Hmm not totally sure about that. Gerrard for Liverpool, Ronaldo for Madrid, Cantona for United, Henry for Arsenal, Messi for Barcelona as you say - most top teams I can remember had someone pretty talismanic. But I agree with the idea we don’t want to be a one-man team - in fact am really glad that people won’t be able to bang on about that this season (unless we struggle I guess and then they’ll say it’s proof we were one….)

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Greenfly said:

I'm seeing lots of people on social media saying they hope he (or Barry) becomes our next hero.

I hope he comes good and does well for us, but I don't want him to become our next talisman or anything. No club competing at the very top of football has a talisman (with the exception of Barca until now, but Messi is a whole different level of player so it's bound to happen). Talismans are for wannabes.

What does that even mean?

12 hours ago, Greenfly said:

Messi, Ronaldo, Gerrard (Suarez, Torres), Lampard (Drogba, Hazard). Henry (and every other hero Arsenal have had and lost)

Just because it hurts to lose them doesn't.mean we shouldn't want heroes. We just shouldn't be reliant on them difference is we only had Jack. Those others had more around them but still very much the heroes of their respective teams and squads. 

We should be targetting more great players but nothing wrong with wanting a new hero.

Unless Louie Barry becomes world class tough I'll never feel the way about any of our academy kids as I did about Jack

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Â