Carney Chukwuemeka

Villan4Life

8 minutes ago, KAZZAM said:

Yeh ok. So Chukwuemeka wasn't playing in front of Lindley and Raikhy 

jennifer lawrence ok GIF

Lindley, yes, Raikhy no. They both cover a lot of ground and one could and would be more advanced than the other at any given time. He's a CM not a CAM.

• Like 1

Like I said, if he can become that B2B midfielder in a Yaya mould, amazing.

As it stands, his pressing and workrate off the ball isn't good enough to make me feel he would be replacing Luiz or McGinn in Deans midfield this season. As we currently play 4-2-3-1 he would be best suited to sitting infront of those two and linking up the attacking play, driving the ball forward like McGinn did when he used to play that more attacking CM role, but with better link up play on the edge of the box as you would see from most of Chuks highlights in the U23s.

If he gets minutes in the AM role this year and then develops over time to become that midfielder he is for the U23s, great but don't feel he just slots in as a marauding #8 from the off. A little like how most youth strikers with some pace generally come through as a winger first rather than the main man, its better for their development to not have so much responsbility from the off.

Whether you want to call that a 10, an AM, a B2B or whatever isn't really the point. I just feel like he is going to be best suited infront of the holding two.

Also, him playing that central role when Ramsey was out in the final, was kind of exactly what I said before, plays it at times when we aren't fitting both him and Ramsey in.

Edited by HalfTimePost

When Ramsey was out in the final Lindley played as the holding midfielder and Raikhy played further forward as one of the two 8s Chukwuemeka being the other one, Raikhy basically took Ramsey's role, there was no change to the system as such.

It's only recently that Raikhy has switched to playing as more of a No.6, previously he was more of an attacking midfielder but when promoted to the U23s he wasn't going to replace either Chukwuemeka or Aaron Ramsey so played a more defensive role and to be fair has become very good and even though he's playing deeper you can still see his attacking qualities, point being that him playing further forward in the final wouldn't have been an alien role to him.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

I mean, he's 17 years old. Pigeon holing him into a set position at this stage would be daft. 

Hi buddy, you must be new here. We pigeon hole our players into whatever category we like as soon as we like! This includes position, ability, sexual appeal, you name it.

If a player can be pigeon holed, they will be 😎

• Like 1

1 minute ago, bobzy said:

Hi buddy, you must be new here. We pigeon hole our players into whatever category we like as soon as we like! This includes position, ability, sexual appeal, you name it.

pigeon GIF

I was just watching at home, so I obviously couldn't get the full measure of his impact because it looked to me like one of the quietest games I've seen from him. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 22/07/2021 at 09:30, bobzy said:

We’ll have him suggested as a left back before the season is out 

Â