Carney Chukwuemeka

Villan4Life

5 minutes ago, ciggiesnbeer said:

Not as far as I know. He isnt even our highest rated English youth player.

He is (by quite some distance) the highest rated English u19 player. 

He was miles ahead of anyone else at the u19 Euros two months ago. 

Iroegbunam and A. Ramsey were in that squad and were good but didn't stand out in that company as much, they played far fewer mins as a result. 

The question amongst Villa fans has always been how Carney translates his undeniable talent into PL mens football. 

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, ciggiesnbeer said:

two things.

1.) I predicted 5th today. I was high when making my prediction. I stand by it.... but for context :)
2.) Depends how we spend it tbh! I think we both see the same issues in our attack. Not sure what the solution is though.

Good man for being high👍

• Like 2

Epic win. Clearly the kid is easily swayed and is 100% focused on money now rather than what’s necessarily best for his career.

Sure he might be a 100 million player, but he absolutely is not ever going to stay at Villa. His attitude seems poor and there’s a very good chance he’ll suffocate on the Chelsea bench.

This is hands down an excellent piece of business, and I praise Purslow for getting this over the line. This is just sensible business management.

Edited by ChicagoVillan1983
  • Like 1

I wrote a mega rant a while back about Carney, so I've already said my piece but now he has gone / going.... well:

1- It'd be fake for me to wish good luck, I wouldn't mean it, so I guess, "Bad luck mate," enjoy the loans out to Vitesse or wherever you bullsh1tting mercenary. Your word means nothing, Rebekah Vardy's word is worth more than yours. You played this club, mugged it off and I get the feeling this behaviour won't be a one off and will rear its ugly head in the future. You're that type in the game, that much is already clear. Glad that will be somebody else's headache. 

2- Hurry up and p1ss off, get it all wrapped up tomorrow and don't you dare fail that medical. I just want to say, bloody hell Villa... absolutely well done. Villa could only play on with the hand dealt, a player with 11 months left on his contract, who was playing a game and using us, who could leave for <£500k next summer and even finalise a move abroad in Jan '23... to price him at £20m and GET the £20m. Well, hats off. Even if one day in the future he moves for Pogba money (I doubt it) then so what. We got £20m out of it and got rid early. Well done to Purslow and Lange for having the balls and the acumen to go all-in and play that hand, to Gerrard for having the balls to not pander further and isolate him out of the first team, to force Chuk's hand too. This is a fantastic deal for Villa. We are rid of a bad egg, who would have F'd us over in the future in some way for sure. Very often, the outcomes of situations like this, don't work so favourably for the selling club. The scumbag gets the 30 pieces of silver he wanted and we get £20m, win-win, again, well done Villa. Carney, pack your bag and f off out of it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Shocked 1

59 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

Purlsow might reflect on saying that he was the best player of his age group  was not a great idea.

Do you honest to God, genuinely think this has affected anything? 

Maybe we should get him to tell the rest of the kids they are terrible so they'll be grateful just to be offered a cheapo contract. 

1 hour ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

How is it that you're discrediting other people for pointing out the bleeding obvious that it was about money, and joining a more " prestigious " club,.

Then in the same breath claim with authority that he left because he couldn't " see a route " to the first team, in a much weaker squad than the one he is going to?

The " we offered to make him the highest paid teen in the country " doesn't mean Chelsea haven't offered the same or more! 🤦🏿‍♂️

I'm guessing he would have " seen a route to the first team " if we had a better manager but offered less money ? 🤣

Anyone who thinks this is a " Tuchel " signing is playing blind. Obviously Tuchel will sign off, but it's blatantly a Chelsea recruitment team strategy signing.

1. Didn't realize I was discrediting anybody.

2.really don't understand the rest of your post. Yes Chelsea is a more prestigious club. I'm not privy to the Chelsea offer. All I said was the villa was reported to make him the highest ever paid teenager.

3. I haven't even mentioned Tuchel 

4. All I said was he's sees his route to the first team blocked at villa. Now I don't know but there's a high probability that is a factor.

5.As someone else posted a couple of Chelsea senior midfielders are expected to move on after next season - Maybe that's what's Chelsea have sold CC ?

Can only assume that he was happy to go to any "big" club in Europe, and we were happy to sell him to whoever made the highest bid.

Had them all playing off against each other saying, we're accepting the highest offer and that's where he's going.  Threatening then with the fact he'd be a free agent next season and would attract attention from every big club  including Barcelona who obviously can't sign him this season. 

Queue a blind bidding war and Chelsea coming out on top having had the locks on their activity most of the summer.

Can't say I'll miss him.  Can't say I care who he's gone to. We've got a phenomenal deal there for a completely unproven player who had 1 year left on his contract.

Nicely done Villa. Coming out looking like a boss, not standing in the way of those that want to leave, but at the same time clearly indicating our intention to be back at the top with the rest of our actions.

Delighted with this news.

Two months ago I expected Carney to continue this season getting minutes from the bench (as he has previously), learning from his involvement in the first team and then leaving on a 'free' in June.

Carney making it clear he wasn't going to sign a new contract could have been handled two ways by Gerrard and the club.

1. Keep him involved in a vain attempt to keep him, almost certain to still see him leave for 'free'.

2. Stunt his development and thus force his team accept a move this summer for a tidy fee, given his potential could plateau at any point (as many promising young players do).

I'm pleased Villa chose option 2. Can anyone explain otherwise?

• Like 2

Think the lad has made a mistake. No need to move this young and agitating for game time at 18 is just dickhead behaviour.

Might be great for Chelsea in a few years, but struggle to understand why he needed this now.

Think we’ve done well to move on a prima donna and let someone else deal with it.

• Like 1

Â