Carney Chukwuemeka

Villan4Life

1 minute ago, dubbs said:

So we offered him more money than Chelsea are paying him? Didn't we also offer Grealish more money City - apparently.

Surely not a national media outlet having a sly dig at Villa?

I can't believe people can't see that Chelsea are a going places club. 

CL winners a couple of seasons ago. Likely to be in the top 4 mix this summer ...

Who wouldn't want to go there.

Just now, Condimentalist said:

I mean £20m for an unproven 18 year old is great value. 

Good riddance. All the best getting playing time there mate. 

But us having £20m to spend. Really isn't a game changer for us is it ?

My Chelsea mate reckons clubs are only allowed to loan out 7 players this season … decreasing to 6 then 5 over the next 2 years.. be interesting to see how many they have out so far this season , but it could mean that  Gallagher and Broja will either be sold or get game time 

IMO Chuck will  get little to no game time at Chelsea so career wise it does seem a bit regressive even if he is joining an elite club 

But I’m sure both clubs know what they are doing ,and hopefully in a few years time we might not have to keep giving up our players to the  first big boy that waves the cheque book 

Wow, £20m. Really? I don't get it. I mean he's been decent, but.....

I thing we've nicked Chelsea's wheels with this one. I think we'll defo sign another, now. 

• Like 2

Hopefully there's a sell-on clause so we get a future cut too.

Either way, 20m for a kid who's hardly kicked a ball for the first team is great business.

Now he can go not play for Chelsea.

Hopefully we can make a new signing now..

• Like 1

Just now, tonyh29 said:

My Chelsea mate reckons clubs are only allowed to loan out 7 players this season … decreasing to 6 then 5 over the next 2 years.. be interesting to see how many they have out so far this season , but it could mean that  Gallagher and Broja will either be sold or get game time 

IMO Chuck will  get little to no game time at Chelsea so career wise it does seem a bit regressive even if he is joining an elite club 

But I’m sure both clubs know what they are doing ,and hopefully in a few years time we might not have to keep giving up our players to the  first big boy that waves the cheque book 

Yeah, loan restrictions coming in place.

They're eyeing him up for being a first team player in a couple of seasons and he is, by all accounts, one of the best youth prospects in the country.  Purslow seemed to say this when he was a 16 year old, he's then starred for England U19's winning the Euros and has a lot of major clubs sniffing round him.

Whilst it's gutting to lose a potentially major talent (and it is still potential), you can see why he's gone to a top level club.  I'm just glad we got £20m out of it rather than him going on a free.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, hippo said:

Oh - yeah he could have stayed , not get picked and watch us get us 10th place - and a manager who has a presence when he walks in a room.

Why go all around the world before just getting to the point you really wanted to? 🤣

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, HKP90 said:

Wow, £20m. Really? I don't get it. I mean he's been decent, but.....

I thing we've nicked Chelsea's wheels with this one. I think we'll defo sign another, now. 

Time will tell.

CC obviously didn't see himself getting into the villa team. But thinks over time he can crack on at Chelsea. 

Personally I think this is a sad day for Aston Villa. - not a good one.

Â