Carney Chukwuemeka

Villan4Life

2 minutes ago, LancsVillan said:

City sold a pretty unknown keeper for £14m, Carney was a leading light in the u21 Euros. £20m seems a lot but I would hope there are a lot of add-ons for trophies (won on loan too ;) ) and sell-on clause

Bazunu (I guess who you're talking about) has just come off a brilliant loan with Portsmouth, earning himself a spot in the League 1 team of the season. While getting regular caps for Ireland. 

As good as I think Carney could be, he's currently achieved absolutely nothing in senior football. Considering that and the fact he had only a year left on his deal, £20m is a supreme bit of business. 

• Like 2

£15 million plus add ons for a player that is not yet good enough to have figured much this season.

We need key players now, and Chukwuemeka isn't one. 

We also need players who are 100% focussed on playing for Villa, and Chukwuemeka isn't one of those either.

Shrewd deal by AVFC.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, WHY said:

Paid £15m for him and gave him a 6 year contract will be getting £60K+ a week. Most likely bunged him a couple of Million to sign as well. 

I would be gobsmacked if he’s anywhere that to be honest. He’s probably in half of that at best.

I have no idea at all what they’re paying him, but if that’s true then they’re **** stupid and good luck to them lol

It's disappointing we couldn't keep him but we got a good fee for him which is all profits and we learnt a valuable lesson. We give zero mins to you g players unless they're locked into longer term deals. 

You can say what you want about Carney. He's got his wages and he's joined a bigger club too. I would expect him to be loaned out to Crystal Palace next week though. Which would be even more frustrating.

Hopefully we have a sell in clause and add ons can take it up to £20m. 

2 minutes ago, WallisFrizz said:

And i agree.

Regardless of how good he may or may not go on to be, given the circumstances, it's a great deal for us.

I'm glad it's over as well.

No more falsely giving this kid starts and game time to do sod all at the expense of currently better players just to court him.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Thug said:

I would be gobsmacked if he’s anywhere that to be honest. He’s probably in half of that at best.

I have no idea at all what they’re paying him, but if that’s true then they’re **** stupid and good luck to them lol

Hudson Odoi was 18 or 19 when they gave him £100k a week wasn't he? 

Hard to tell because they've got thr new regime and we'll never know for sure but I wouldn't say £60k a week within their wage structure is impossible 

Â