Match Thread: Villa v Spurs

limpid

Just now, KenjiOgiwara said:

They stopped El Ghazis cross by an active hand out from the body. That's always been a penalty. Was in the 90s. Was in the 2000s. And it definately is now during the VAR era. I've lost count how many penalties I've seen in Europe the last 6 months for the exactly same type of handball. Including the PL.

I'm not arguing about the incident, I genuinely just don't recall a vaguely contentious decision - must have been when I grabbed a drink

Just now, Troglodyte said:

Drinkwater is so slow and moronic. Wasn't tracking his man which lead to their corner for the equaliser. Could forgive it as an isolated mistake but it isn't. 

I honestly don't see what Smith sees to keep playing him.

He's costing us in pretty much every game. We're losing points getting this bloke fit then he's **** off in a couple of months. Why? 

At most he should be an option on the bench. I'd send him back, personally. He offers us nothing.

• Like 1

I thought it was a penalty...just - but wouldn’t have been surprised if it was not given.

That said I’m staggered that VAR gave that as clear and obvious - as I posted earlier, I can’t imagine we would have benefited if boot was on other foot

I also think our shout was not a penalty

Not sour grapes but VAR is ruining the game

• Like 1

Played well in the main, we got stuck in and have created chances. We’ve had them under pressure but needed the second. Douglas Luiz has the golden chance to put us two up.

Crap defending from a corner and some lucky bounces, good finish and it’s 1-1.

Soft as shit penalty (f**k VAR). Good save, where was the defence? Only Guilbert switched on. 

1-2 down at half time and that familiar feeling is back. 

Deano’s team talk needs to be good. If we come out with our heads up and repeat the intensity we’ve shown in the first, we can get back into this. Come on Villa, don’t let these southern mugs take our points. 

Just now, Davkaus said:

I honestly don't see what Smith sees to keep playing him.

He's costing us in pretty much every game. We're losing points getting this bloke fit then he's **** off in a couple of months. Why? 

At most he should be an option on the bench. I'd send him back, personally. He offers us nothing.

Completely agree. He does seem to be moving over to form triangles with Grealish and Targett which can be effective at times, but that hardly takes Xavi. He's crap, and even looking at this stupid face pisses me off.