Match Thread: Villa v Spurs

limpid

Just now, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

This spurs side is here for the taking. We’ve been the better side. Going to be crushing if we lose this

We're going to lose this sadly. Spurs have been shit been have still have had enough chances to think they deserve the lead which we've basically given them at will, and we've spurned our own chances.

We needed those other chances to go in to put the tin hat on the half. As is we're going in dejected and Spurs are going in thinking they've weathered the best we've got to give and could have had at least 2 more.

4 minutes ago, snowychap said:

Why were we so slow at following up?

We weren’t Guilbert was nearly there Son started from the penalty spot. If Guilbert had gone earlier he would have encroached 

3 minutes ago, TheMightyVillans said:

that pretty much summed up our season. Played some good stuff. Should have been 2-0 up but wasted chances. Then we become too open at the back and VAR gets involved and we conceed just before half time.

Yep and also why we have one point from the traditional "big six", most of whom aren't all that anymore. Compared to any other team in the league, we give them double the chances 

We should have scored 3, tbh, we looked great, right until they scored, then the heads dropped and we threw it all away, which is about as classic Villa as you can get. 

A draw would be fair based on performance at this point, it's all uphill now though.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Davkaus said:

I honestly must have not been paying attention for a minute because I literally can't think of which incident you're talking about for us to get a penalty.

They stopped El Ghazis cross by an active hand out from the body. That's always been a penalty. Was in the 90s. Was in the 2000s. And it definately is now during the VAR era. I've lost count how many penalties I've seen in Europe the last 6 months for the exactly same type of handball. Including the PL.

2 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

That's what I am saying. Rigged. 

Every idiot that knows football could see that their handball was a penalty. Yet VAR that's able to see it over and over in every single angle, claims it's not. Just rigged. 

It may be shit but it's not rigged. You are just a little emotional at the minute!

So very frustrating.

Drinkwater is so slow and moronic. Wasn't tracking his man which lead to their corner for the equaliser. Could forgive it as an isolated mistake but it isn't. Then he has Luiz alongside him, who is talented but inexperienced, which shows at times, and inconsistent. Absolute sitter missed too.

As others have said, defence simply not good enough, and this Spurs side don't even look that good. However, they're realising that actually we're quite easy to play through - Drinkwater and Luiz don't offer all that much protection if you transition quickly against us. Then we rely on having three at the back but there are too many gaps and we can be exploited by pace.

Also so annoying that they reacted so slowly to the penalty save.

4 minutes ago, jim said:

Lol, no we haven’t . Take your c&b specs off. 

What game you watching? We have had more possession, more corners, more shots and more touches in the opposition box. How the hell can spuds possibly be classed as the better team!!!

Edited by pacbuddies