Match Thread: Villa v Spurs

limpid

I still don't get how it's a pen? Contact doesn't mean a foul and I'm even convinced Engels touches him until Berjwin is falling over already.

But the officials in this league have had in it for us since day 1 so I'm unsurprised.

• Like 2

Just now, PaddytheVillan said:

Stonewall penalty.  No complaints from me about VAR.

What I will complain about is the appalling F up from Luiz, our crap defending throughout the game and our bad luck. Sigh. 

Okey. How come we don't get a penalty? It's a clear penalty. But ofc. we don't. 

Horrible luck. We’d never be given that penalty. Never

Sadly I think our chance is gone now - hoping for a draw at best

Seriously lacking pace throughout the team but especially at the back

On the plus side, surely we’ve got enough to stay up this season - we look good going forward and seen the have a great spirit

• Like 1

1 minute ago, richp999 said:

Var been desperate to give spurs a pen to get them in front.. Afraid we're against 12 men.. 

actually, I would say that Engels slid straight parrallel to the to run.  the forward leaned in and over and actually created the contact, playing for the foul.  Happens all the time.  should not be called.  most most often is....

• Like 1

Guilbert got there as quick as possible and was never going to beat son to the ball without fouling him. Just shit luck. We have been so wasteful though, deserve to lose if we don't put away those chances.  Need to stay behind the lads though,  decent team talk and this Spurs are easily beatable today.

Edited by MrBlack
  • Like 2

Just now, KenjiOgiwara said:

That's just the standard negative Jim talking. We have been the better team. 

Lol, no we haven’t . Take your c&b specs off. 

Just now, KenjiOgiwara said:

Okey. How come we don't get a penalty? It's a clear penalty. But ofc. we don't. 

I honestly must have not been paying attention for a minute because I literally can't think of which incident you're talking about for us to get a penalty.

Just now, richp999 said:

Because they don't want us to win. Simple.

If we had been Liverpool, do you think we'd get that var decision? 

That's what I am saying. Rigged. 

Every idiot that knows football could see that their handball was a penalty. Yet VAR that's able to see it over and over in every single angle, claims it's not. Just rigged. 

1 minute ago, PaddytheVillan said:

Stonewall penalty.  No complaints from me about VAR.

What I will complain about is the appalling F up from Luiz, our crap defending throughout the game and our bad luck. Sigh. 

Yes.

3 - 4 would not be wrong.

Just now, srsmithusa said:

actually, I would say that Engels slid straight parrallel to the to run.  the forward leaned in and over and actually created the contact, playing for the foul.  Happens all the time.  should not be called.  most most often is....

I think this is correct, id argue engels is holding his ground, the forward runs into him. 

Its a close call, but we were never going to get it were we? 

• Like 1