Match Thread: Villa v Spurs

limpid

2 minutes ago, Villarocker said:

Understatement of the year! He's been poor and, just to rub salt in the wounds, he headed down for Alderwiereld to equalise. 

He's had a poor half and running around like a kid making his debut and looking to impress. 

Yet drink water somehow appears to be second nameon the team sheet after Jack

The wind has a bigger effect on games than drinkwater 

• Like 2

Just now, Lerner's Driver said:

Fair enough. Whether it is or not, we will never know, so you might as well get on with watching the game.

So could you??? What are you trying to say. Pretty obvious we're all watching the game. What a weird comment. 

3 minutes ago, snowychap said:

Well, yes probably - but the other players didn't even look interested.

They still can’t move until it’s taken Son was already 6 yards ahead of them they had no chance

Just now, Jimzk5 said:

Yet drink water somehow appears to be second nameon the team sheet after Jack

The wind has a bigger effect on games than drinkwater 

Hourihane gets a lot of shit, and a lot of it's deserved, but nobody will convince me that Danny **** Drinkwater is a better option at the minute.

May as well play with 10.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

It was 100 % a penalty.

Take your Villa glasses off. He is nowhere near getting the ball.

Not 100% for me, but let's say it was.. Then surely their handball is 100% pen, looked at by var but not given to us? 

I hope such a sea of negativity is not replicated in the VP atmosphere, can't imagine players getting fired up with that kind of noise. We're more than capable of pulling it back. We've had two last minute winners in the last month let's be a bit more optimistic. UTV! 

1 minute ago, momo said:

The team didn't need to be this high up the pitch that late in the half. Either inexperience or bad tactics. Yet, Villa were the better team first half. Too bad about the score.

Absolutely, I thought it might have been offside at first but he made the run behind the last man from inside the spurs half! Should not be happening, very poor. 

Personally, though the Engels incident was a pen. Its kind of soft because his foot did hit the ball but it only did so becauuse his tackle caused the spurs player to lose balance in the first place. Wouldn't have called that a clear and obvious error but I'd say that's a pen.

I didn't pay much mind to the potential pen incident in the other end. I don't remember thinking it was a pen at the time but again, I didn't pay it much mind.