Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

27 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

I promise just for you Kiwi 😉

I mean if Smith and Co think Watkins can do the job and as long as he comes in and hits ground running, we then have a goal scorer. If any of our strikers last seasons had of scored double figures I'm sure many of the games we just lost out on we would of won, so I'll be happy if they can make Watkins work and he becomes our new hero on the pitch. I spose if Watkins is scoring it doesnt matter the cost we paying in the end because hes doing his job and aiding in moving us up that league ladder.

There will be serious questions though and uproar on these forums if we pay above 20 mills for another striker and we cant get a tune out of them. 

I still think we need to buy another striker if we sign Watkins, still need a right winger also.

Maybe we should be questioning who coaches the strikers? I mean, the defence improved and we all know that we have a plethora of people to coach that part of the team. Cutler is the goalkeeping coach but, who coaches the midfield and attack? 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Dave-R said:

I like the thought of King being at villa as he could play behind a striker like Watkins as he can play a few positions.

Yes his versatility will give us more options and he has played at this level for quite a few seasons. We could really do without the Wilson saga again, need some solid additions like this one and convince them that we're wealthy, ambitious and not planning on being anywhere near a relegation fight next season. He'll play regularly for us which he'll want to do at this stage of his career.

• Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Can't believe people are arguing about if x was after y. 

Literally nobody knows if any club was in for any player until they are confirmed.  The Internet, Twitter, "journalists" newspapers, sports sites are just scratching around and know nothing. 

tenor.gif?itemid=13438537

🤣 hahaha, the pointless button, I love it! Great cartoon!

1 minute ago, Villarocker said:

Maybe we should be questioning who coaches the strikers? I mean, the defence improved and we all know that we have a plethora of people to coach that part of the team. Cutler is the goalkeeping coach but, who coaches the midfield and attack? 

Pretty sure Smith and probably ROK. Think we were 6th equal at one point last season for goals scored. Was defence that let us down. Also was table for points based on team scoring first winning and we finished 2nd I think

8EinYS-9_bigger.jpg

𝗛𝗘𝗥𝗘 𝗪𝗘 𝗚𝗢...

👌
It's the one you've been waiting for.

🤩
#WatkinsAnnounced

The following media includes potentially sensitive content. Change settings
View

Edited by CosmicVillan

56 minutes ago, VillaFaninLondon said:

Loads of people rate Grealish. There's a few that think he's overrated, but even those people caveat it by saying they'd still want him in their team and he's got lots of talent. Most Man U fans want to sign the guy (and they're one of the most critical fanbases in the world), just not for £80m. 

What do most Utd fans know about Matty Cash. Sweet fa would be my estimate. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Wezbid said:

What do most Utd fans know about Matty Cash. Sweet fa would be my estimate. 

Like 99% of "football fans", they see where he's comes from and for how much. They're not basing it on anything other than that and they've almost certainly never seen him play. Just imagine Watkins had been signed before this poll was created.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

get Martinez in and we are nearly there:

Martinez (20m)

Cash - Konsa - Mings - Targett

NEW (20m) - Luiz - McGinn

NEW (20m) - Watkins - Grealish

Takes us to circa 105 mill?

3 hours ago, gwi1890 said:

They always sign players though and spend a decent amount each year, Ashley gets unfair flack its hardly Doug Ellis style is it

I agree, fans always want to spend big money and managing the club properly with sensible spending isn’t exciting. The Geordies think they’re the Barcelona of the North East. Delusion is a way of life for them.