Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

3 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

I agree, fans always want to spend big money and managing the club properly with sensible spending isn’t exciting. The Geordies think they’re the Barcelona of the North East. Delusion is a way of life for them. 

They average about £50m net spend per year on transfers I think so he basically puts everything the earns back into the club on top of paying premier league wages  as in above the 70k per week mark, people think they are going down each year because  of the drama surrounding the fans and Ashley yet the recruit smart each year, Saint Maximin was £16m probably worth double that now more if he gets another good season.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, MaVilla said:

get Martinez in and we are nearly there:

Martinez (20m)

Cash - Konsa - Mings - Targett

NEW (135m) - Luiz - McGinn

NEW (135m) - Watkins - Grealish

8 hours ago, Delphinho123 said:

Stop being such a pussy

lets just go full throttle brother, go fast, no brakes.

Edited by MaVilla
  • Like 1

Just now, Sulberto21 said:

Last season he rejected us for Brescia, and this season he's been linked again. Few pages back someone posted to the article.

Also Lange signed him for Copenhagen 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Dont think we wilk see anymore big money signings can see maybe a keeper and a winger only. Still think we need a cb

That would be criminal not to have a big money winger.  We need quality to take pressure off Jack doing all the creative work plus the obvious of stop Jack, you stop the Villa.  Buying Watkins does no good if you’d think provide service to him. So we need better than an average winger.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, nick76 said:

That would be criminal not to have a big money winger.  We need quality to take pressure off Jack doing all the creative work plus the obvious of stop Jack, you stop the Villa.  Buying Watkins does no good if you’d think provide service to him. So we need better than an average winger.

If we want to guarantee the right kind of service to Watkins then here's an amazing idea .... Go and sign Benrahma .... bet no one's though of that lol.

4 minutes ago, villabromsgrove said:

If we want to guarantee the right kind of service to Watkins then here's an amazing idea .... Go and sign Benrahma .... bet no one's though of that lol.

Problem with Benrahma is, he is almost exclusively a left winger. Which is where I think a lot of people see Jack. If we sign him, I think Jack moves back into the middle and we sign another winger outside of him.
It's the one thing dividing Villatalk at the moment. Do we sign a CM and a RW and keep Jack on the left? Or sign a LW and a RW and move Jack back centrally?

Listened to the new 1874 podcast and (source aside) Gregg Evans said in terms that we’re after a new No.8 currently playing in Europe who’s been there and done it, and who will shock the fans if we land him. 

Putting that together with the mystery visit to Brum of Juve’s Sporting Director a few weeks ago.. I reckon we might be in for another Aaron Ramsey. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Delphinho123 said:

Problem with Benrahma is, he is almost exclusively a left winger. Which is where I think a lot of people see Jack. If we sign him, I think Jack moves back into the middle and we sign another winger outside of him.
It's the one thing dividing Villatalk at the moment. Do we sign a CM and a RW and keep Jack on the left? Or sign a LW and a RW and move Jack back centrally?

Or the wildcard option, sign another goalkeeper and right back to make sure we're well stocked in those areas and hope for the best elsewhere. 

• Like 1