Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

41 minutes ago, HeyAnty said:

We need our Robinhio

If we are looking for footballers who's been accused of rape then maybe we can go for Hudson-Odoi because Ronaldo is likely out of our reach.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

None of those are really statement signings in my view.

Can you pull a name out of the hat, not that you think we’ll sign but could be gettable and would make that kind of statement? 

Linked with Weston McKennie. Apparantly prefers a move to us over West Ham. 

https://www.hammers.news/club-news/big-blow-for-west-ham-as-20m-ace-reportedly-tells-aston-villa-he-wants-to-join-them/

90 Min claimed yesterday that Hammers David Moyes is keen to bring the 21-year-old midfield ace to the London Stadium from the Bundesliga this summer.

Dean Smith wants to bring the American to Villa Park as well, according to 90 Min.

And unfortunately for West Ham, it seems as though McKennie wants to join Aston Villa.

Edited by Newry_Villan
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, lexicon said:

Well... a bit of a headcase that nobody else really wanted, anyway 

I am not disputing that he he flattered to deceive, but at the time it was a  massive statement from City. I mean a few years ago their  big summer signings for forwards were a fat Robbie Fowler, Darius Vassell of us, and Georgios Samaras. 

Edited by The Fun Factory
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

I am not disputing that he he flattered to deceive, but at the time it was a  massive statement from City. I mean a few years ago their  big summer signings for forwards were a fat Robbie Fowler, Darius Vassell of us, and Georgios Samaras. 

I agree that it worked, sure, but he was basically the only one that they could convince to sign there at that time. The amount of money they've poured in since, spending near twice that on about 4 full backs just goes to show how little an investment it was for them too. 

12 minutes ago, nick76 said:

We won’t be just talking to one striker (or his club and agent) we will be talking to several as you don’t put all your eggs in one basket until you are close to the end and from the outside we don’t seem to be close to anything.

i’m not sure we’d get Edouard for 30m either...might even go to 40m.  For me Tammy if available for 50m, I’d snap their hands off.  Too many failures in the PL around the 30-40m including the likes of Joelinton, so show me where to sign for Tammy.

£50m is what I reckon the minimum Tammy would go for. In the same way you say you’d snap their hands off at that price, I’d snap Celtic’s hands off to get Edouard at £30m. The point being that there will always be - as you agree - a premium for a player like Tammy over Edouard.

So if Edouard is £40m, Tammy becomes a c£60m player.

The backdrop has to be our transfer budget and if it’s £100m then we’re not going to be spending more than £30m on a ST, given the other areas we need upgrading on.

1 hour ago, OxfordVillan said:

Let’s put this to bed right now, nobody will be obtaining Tammy Abraham for a “reasonable” price. It’ll be £40m+, and I personally wouldn’t pay it, I honestly don’t think Tammy will go any levels higher than he has just done. He misses a lot of chances and can go quite a few games without scoring. The majority of his goals tend to arrive earlier in the season and in clusters of a few games. I think that’s why Chelsea finished last season with Giroud as their No.1 CF, and he scored a good few in that Chelsea team, and ppl generally view giroud as a non scoring hold up CF. 

Ill take that as i reckon tammy scores more than wes samatta and savis combined.  Id happily pay 40m-45m for tammy

12 minutes ago, TheMelvillan said:

I'm all for these marquee superstar £40m signings and hope we get them. But I still hope there's the odd ligue 2 unknown rando thrown in there too. Something about unearthing a hidden gem is very exciting to me

Completely agree and given Lange’s reputation at FC Copenhagen you’ve got to think that we will sign one or two ‘unkowns’.

7 minutes ago, MessiWillSignForVilla said:

I have a feeling we're not interested in McKennie, it seems the rumours only popped up after it was suggested on here when he was linked with Southampton, and now all the random uk football sites know we're chasing him? Wouldn't be surprised if a journo just saw his name on here and ran with it.

Maybe - I can’t remember how credible that original source was.

That said McKennie fits the criteria we have perfectly.

12 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

Yacouba Sylla?

He played his part at the end of 2012-13 and helped us staying up. I think he paid off what we paid for him that season. That part of the season was probably the best in the last 10 years at this level. Could argue that Sherwood first season was better, but we played some nice football by then.