Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

If we do have the opportunity to sign Abraham we should definitely do it. Given where we are as a club, it would be an excellent signing. I got the impression that the board would have loved to sign him when we got promoted but obviously Chelsea's transfer ban put a wedge in that. It would go a step further to keeping Jack happy here and would show intent to him that we're a club wanting to progress. With the amount of chances we create we really do need someone who knows where the net is and Tammy knows that. Yes he misses sitters but his movement off the ball is better than any of our current strikers who wouldn't even get into positions to miss sitters.

Tammy is definitely a signing that would bring excitement and a "feel good" factor going into next season.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

With Chelsea spending a fortune on forward players this summer it is hard to see where Tammy fits in, they were happy to sell him before their ban and I think they will happily sell him this summer.

Not sure if we would be in for him or not, personally I'm really torn on it.

I’d definitely take him for anything under £40m. It might also mean Jack stays.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, KAZZAM said:

Tammy would be the dream signing almost guarantees 15 goals a season. Think he's 3rd choice at Chelsea now and to get in the Euro 2021 England squad he's gonna have to be scoring consistently. 

Very good point I hadn't considered that.

• Like 1

Lampard doesn’t entirely rate Tammy btw. Werner and Giroud will be his go to strikers. Havertz may also play there. If you bid enough for Tammy they will let him go. Might have to be a late one tho

People are still pining over some loan player than signed a contract extension the other month. No wonder why we can never move forward as a club, too much of the fan base is still living in the past. 

Chelsea are NEVER going to sell their top goal scorer that scored 15 goals in 34 league appearances for them last season in this window.

Abraham has been with Chelsea since he was like 7 years old, if you think he's going to give all that up and make a permanent switch to Birmingham anytime soon then you're living in fantasy cuckoo land.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, omariqy said:

I’d definitely take him for anything under £40m. It might also mean Jack stays.

Same here, Chelsea is also more business orientated than other teams, they often do business if the price is right. Tammy being an own product would mean a huge profit for them, don't think they would say no to that. For me the biggest problem is that Tammy doesn't seem to want to leave and I think his wage demands would be too high for us at the moment.

Would absolutely love him here though.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Spray said:

People are still pining over some loan player than signed a contract extension the other month. No wonder why we can never move forward as a club, too much of the fan base is still living in the past. 

Chelsea are NEVER going to sell their top goal scorer that scored 15 goals in 34 league appearances for them last season in this window.

Abraham has been with Chelsea since he was like 7 years old, if you think he's going to give all that up and make a permanent switch to Birmingham anytime soon then you're living in fantasy cuckoo land.

They were going to sell him to Wolves just 18months ago or whatever, plus they've invested heavily already. It's not that outrageous that they may wish to move him on and put that money toward attracting a better striker. Post lockdown I don't think Tammy really got a game for Chelsea. Lampard clearly rates Giroud over him.

Edited by PieFacE
  • Like 1

40 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

He scored many goals in premier league and also notched a couple in CL.

Realistically he's the most proven striker we could get this summer e.g. knows premier league, knows our set up and also young enough for what we tend to sign in key areas. Even then it's not that realistic as I think likes of Leicester would be in for him as they need a long term Vardy replacment soon, maybe Everton aswell as he's obviously better than Calvert Lewin.

If you don't think much of Tammy then I'd intrigued to know what you think of the majority of strikers we've signed in last decade as it's not a great sight!

Other mates who don't follow Villa can never understand why we keep gambling in that position and are always on to me why we can't sign a reliable striker e.g. get someone in like we did with John Carew in 2007.

I think Tammy is a good player just not worth the fee he would cost. If he was available for 30 million I would say that would be a decent signing. However I think Edouard has more potential and is currently a better player and watkins I would rate at a similar quality to Abraham but he has more versatility, Abraham has more potential than him though.

If I could pick any of the 3 I think it is clear I would choose Edouard but I still think Tammy is a good player but the fact that he scored 15 goals is misleading when you factor in that he missed 20+ big chances. He probably had more big chances this season than we created before lockdown and probably nearly the entire season..

1 minute ago, PieFacE said:

They were going to sell him to Wolves just 18months ago or whatever, plus they've invested heavily already. It's not that outrageous that they may wish to move him on and put that money toward attracting a better striker. 

That was a loan.

Just now, Spray said:

That was a loan.

Was it? I seem to remember it being a transfer but happy to admit i'm wrong if I was. Sill, I don't think it's that crazy that Chelsea may choose to sell him to raise money. 

1 hour ago, colhint said:

Fan base and History. They have spent most of their time out of the top flight, and before Revie were no body. The rugby league team were bigger Sure they cheated a few times in the 70's when we had an average higher attendance in the third.  We also have a much better squad with 6 soon to be seven internationals. And hopefully we will be able to say to anyone we target we will have spent £250m on players in the last 2 years.

Don't get me started on Leeds, I don't understand why they think they are the biggest club in the world. Speak to any Leeds fan and they say bigger than Villa. I do question why they think this, is it:

1. Because they have won less major trophies than West Brom

2. Because they have a stadium that holds less than 38k

3. They are a one club city so yes they do have a big fan base, like Newcastle (but then so do we)

4. Have spent more time out of the top flight, than in it

5. They have championship facilities from being under funded the last 20 years

I honestly can't work it out personally. The club is held together by Bielsa, who is an unbelievable manager, but they're a temper tantrum (he's walked in the past) from them being absolutely screwed again. I wouldn't take one player from their Starting XI over ours, their squad is so weak. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Spray said:

A bit blunt maybe, but basically where I am on this too. Also, if we paid Tammy £150K pw then Jack gets the same deal. Can’t see him accepting someone being paid more than him at his club.

I love the idea of Tammy but the reality is trickier imo, unless money is somehow no object. 

5 minutes ago, SeanVilla said:

I wouldn't take one player from their Starting XI over ours, their squad is so weak. 

Phillips would be my first choice as a new DCM, not that we’d get him now they’re up. 

If Everton are going for Allan, Southampton get McKinnie, I'd like to see us go in for Doucoure. Not as glamourous but very solid and at £20-25mill could turn out to be smart business. Only 27 so still got a few years left before he declines

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Awol said:

Phillips would be my first choice as a new DCM, not that we’d get him now they’re up. 

Everyone is entitled to their opinion butttttt, Douglas Luiz? Over 2 years younger than Phillips and our best player since lockdown? No competition for me, but I do rate Luiz highly 🙃

• Like 1