Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

Tammy is absolutely worth the wages and fee it will take to bring him here. His movement and positioning is the reason why he gets so many chances. 

If Tammy took more care on the chances he gets then I'd back him to score 25+. He makes crap balls in to good balls. He'd energise our attacking play.

Even if he is the only player we sign trezeguet and el ghazi would double their assists for the season. With better attackers coming in we'd be lethal. Team spirit wouldn't be lacking either.

Edited by Sulberto21
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, SeanVilla said:

Everyone is entitled to their opinion butttttt, Douglas Luiz? Over 2 years younger than Phillips and our best player since lockdown? No competition for me, but I do rate Luiz highly 🙃

No sorry, my first choice to sign and play with Luiz, not instead. The role we’re possible looking at Weston McKennie for. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Awol said:

A bit blunt maybe, but basically where I am on this too. Also, if we paid Tammy £150K pw then Jack gets the same deal. Can’t see him accepting someone being paid more than him at his club.

I love the idea of Tammy but the reality is trickier imo, unless money is somehow no object. 

Maybe controversial and I know we're trying really hard to be very sensible but I'd give Jack £150k pw, even £200k a week. Why not? Our wage budget is tiny, we should be paying our stars what they deserve if we want to try and stop bigger clubs poaching them. I'm not saying do that with everyone but I don't think many would feel begrudged if Jack was on 1£150k pw, they'd just be happy he's there.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Awol said:

No sorry, my first choice to sign and play with Luiz, not instead. The role we’re possible looking at Weston McKennie for. 

It would be crazy considering Luiz has been unplayable at CDM and for me a big part as to why we were so solid defensively post lockdown. He's the literally the perfect number 6 for us.  

1 minute ago, SeanVilla said:

It would be crazy considering Luiz has been unplayable at CDM and for me a big part as to why we were so solid defensively post lockdown. He's the literally the perfect number 6 for us.  

We’re in the market for another central midfielder, not to replace Luiz but to play in the midfield three with him & SJM. I’d love Phillips to be the third player, that's all I’m saying, and only because someone said they wouldn’t take any player from Leeds for our first XI. 

Just now, Awol said:

We’re in the market for another central midfielder, not to replace Luiz but to play in the midfield three with him & SJM. I’d love Phillips to be the third player, that's all I’m saying, and only because someone said they wouldn’t take any player from Leeds for our first XI. 

Yeah all I'm saying is it has to be:

New CM   McGinn

Luiz

And Phillips can't play in that CM spot. Each to their own I guess, but no way Luiz is moving from that CDM spot 😘

8 minutes ago, SeanVilla said:

Yeah all I'm saying is it has to be:

New CM   McGinn

Luiz

And Phillips can't play in that CM spot. Each to their own I guess, but no way Luiz is moving from that CDM spot 😘

I’m in a minority of one on this, but with some of the links we’ve had I could see us set up In a 4-2-3-1 for winnable games.

The argument against is the 2 being too weak with Luiz (who I rate) and SJM. If you got Phillips (which we won’t) and put him next to Luiz it would work, imo. Ditto with Idrissa Gueye (also not likely) or Santamaria.

Hopefully Leeds get relegated and we grab Phillips when Man Citeh raid us for Douglas next summer - which the barstewards will if he carries on performing like this. 

Anyway, as you were. 

1 minute ago, Awol said:

I’m in a minority of one on this, but with some of the links we’ve had I could see us set up In a 4-2-3-1 for winnable games.

The argument against is the 2 being too weak with Luiz (who I rate) and SJM. If you got Phillips (which we won’t) and put him next to Luiz it would work, imo. Ditto with Idrissa Gueye (also not likely) or Santamaria.

Hopefully Leeds get relegated and we grab Phillips when Man Citeh raid us for Douglas next summer - which the barstewards will if he carries on performing like this. 

Anyway, as you were. 

To be fair,  this could work! And I hope if Man City buy Douglas it's for us to buy him him right back 😂

Loftus-Cheek is quality, horrible injury record though. 

Baptiste Santmaria/Weston McKennie alongside McGinn and Dougie in the middle would be lovely. 

Edited by Wezbid

11 hours ago, dubbs said:
11 hours ago, The Fun Factory said:

Zlatan has yet to sign a new contract at Milan. Just saying...

I'm sure even he would struggle if his lines of supply are AEG and Trez!

"I am Zlatan - I supply my own crosses" 

• Haha 3

5 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Could always sign Tammy, Edouard AND Watkins and just loan in the other 2-3 positions as that would take up pretty much take up the 100m and significantly increase the wage bill. Then can certainly loan out Davis and try to sell Samatta on and that leaves us 3 central strikers with at least one being able to play wide. It's something a top 6 club would do actually.

Pretty much what Chelsea have done. Already got Tammy and Giroud in mix, add Werner and Ziyech and so got nice range of options and if one wants to leave they'll get a fair old price for him. Whereas we always seem to want to sell first and then replacement clubs bump up their prices by 10/15m.

More I think about it the more that's the most realistic statement of intent summer window we could have by signing our 3 striker targets, would certainly convince Jack to give us at least another 12 months.

Would take about 115 mill for all three of them I think, 50 mill for Tammy,40 for Edouard and 25 it seems for Watkins.

I do like your idea but I think at most fetch two of the three you suggest in. Think we could ask chelsea to loan Tammy again, so buy Watkins and Edouard, sell Samatta and Wesley at that point and recoup what you could, adding that money to the possible 35-45 mill left over. We then could buy a midfielder and a winger with the 35-45 mill and what money was added from Samatta, Wesley sale, who knows there maybe enough to buy one more player if were lucky.

3 hours ago, Awol said:

Hopefully Leeds get relegated and we grab Phillips when Man Citeh raid us for Douglas next summer 

From my understanding from listening to a couple of guys on here is that City wouldn't be able to grab Luiz off of us next summer because it would be beyond two years and there buy back would be no good any more.

Dont quote me on it though but there are more knowledgeable people who seem to know more about that area than me and I'm just going off what I read the other day on VT.

3 hours ago, Sam-AVFC said:

Would anyone take Loftus-Cheek in midfield if his wages aren't massive? I know injuries would be a big risk but I've always thought he's a good player.

Oh yea he’s a really good player depends on the budget 

27 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

Would take about 115 mill for all three of them I think, 50 mill for Tammy,40 for Edouard and 25 it seems for Watkins.

I do like your idea but I think at most fetch two of the three you suggest in. Think we could ask chelsea to loan Tammy again, so buy Watkins and Edouard, sell Samatta and Wesley at that point and recoup what you could, adding that money to the possible 35-45 mill left over. We then could buy a midfielder and a winger with the 35-45 mill and what money was added from Samatta, Wesley sale, who knows there maybe enough to buy one more player if were lucky.

prince john no GIF