Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

Yes please to Edouard, imagine a forward line up of Benrahma Grealish Rashica and Edouard. 

Serious goals in that team, hope we go all out for these three players, but only thing is it doesn't quite fit with the premier league experience mantra.

I read it that he wouldn't move to England just just for the sake of it, and he would need Convincing it is right move for him and isn’t itching to leave at the first opportunity. Either way I hope it’s true. 

Just now, OLDVILLAIN said:

You might have to explain that one to me @JAMAICAN-VILLAN

I thought we were trying to be covert ffs. You're crap at this game.

Was trying get some info myself, was trying to get a hint of where (what team, country etc) these "new accounts" might be from without just asking.

You've ruined it now. lol

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Was trying get some info myself, was trying to get a hint of where (what team, country etc) these "new accounts" might be from without just asking.

Yeah its past my bedtime..Im afraid my james bond thinking cap was not on tonight...still....odds on it one colour.............

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, beachboys1 said:

lesser english club garbage

I remember the days ehen journalists had some professional respect, integrity and most importantly knew how to write. That text reads like it's produced by a Russian teen. 

21 minutes ago, supermon said:

Yes please to Edouard, imagine a forward line up of Benrahma Grealish Rashica and Edouard. 

Serious goals in that team, hope we go all out for these three players, but only thing is it doesn't quite fit with the premier league experience mantra.

Too right. Add McKennie to that and a back up keeper and it’s guaranteed top 10 imo. Cover at FB can wait imo.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, supermon said:

It would be nice to line up like that,with this McKennie people are talking about, I know nothing of him to be honest but sounds like hes good and fits in a wide variety of positions.

Edited by Dave-R

2 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

He looks a good player but then so did Scott Sinclair in that league so can be hard to judge.

Fair, but he’s also done it in the French National set up too. 11 in 6 for their under 21’s. He’s a goal machine. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, jonjon said:

Yes I do go on the main Brentford Forum (Griffin Park Grapevine) and the general feeling is that we are resigned to losing two out of three of our best players, because we have got used to this happening over the last 5-6 years it's not a saga anymore, it's not nice losing players like them but we have learned to live with it, we understand that we can't produce enough revenue due to the small size of our old ground that only has a 90 seat corporate capacity, and the only way to survive is by selling our best assets each year, therefore we have to get the best possible price for any player we sell, Thankfully our scouting and recruitment network seems to come up trumps every year replacing good with even better.

When things return to normal the new stadium will bring in at least twice as much revenue that could enable us to keep our best players, hopefully!!

How would you rank Maupay, Benrahma and Watkins. I personally think Maupay is the best of the lot, but interesting to know how Brentford fans rate them? 

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, jonjon said:

Too close to rate and call, as they all have their differences, this is my take on them. 

Watkins has the best engine for work rate, superb athlete, super fit, will run all match long, scores with both feet and head, intelligent and skillful, switched to striker without any problem, has missed only 7 games out of 175!! for us and Exeter. 

Benrahma is a box of tricks, does the most outrageous things, and gets away with lots of them, quick in short burst, supplies as well as scores goals, brilliant penalty taker.

Maupay, Tenacious, like a bulldog when he has the ball, not afraid to get stuck in, a defenders nightmare at times, reads the game well.

I have enjoyed them all, Maupay has made the step up OK,  and I can't see why the other two won't do the same, my personal favorite player this season has been Rico Henry, a managers dream of a defender, quick out the blocks, reads the game well, loves rampaging forward, sublime crosser of the ball, injury free now and played every game this season. 

It all sounds perfect from a Brentford fans point of view, anyone would think that your club is trying to sell them to us 😉

What I'd like to know is what you think is bad about there game, weve heard the good but what about what they need to work on and where they are weakest.

1 hour ago, Kiwivillan said:

Eduoard genuinely most exciting link yet who would massively improve us imo

I have not watched Eduoard but he is apparently very good according to the media people and people on here.
I can't get THAT excited though as its the Scottish league, I don't buy into the whole he could be a hit or a miss because it is that league if you watch him you can make a very educated guess.

It could be a very important buy for us if he is as good as people say.

3 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

This is confusing. I thought the "interesting accounts" were trying to be covert and we were just regular VT folk? When you said "what colour?" it went over my head too. 

I'm thinking, "daffodil yellow with an outline of violet purple? I'm going to keep scrolling because that one's making no sense".

3 hours ago, OLDVILLAIN said:

Yeah its past my bedtime..Im afraid my james bond thinking cap was not on tonight...still....odds on it one colour.............

This is proper confusing now. You were the one who started this talk of "interesting behaviour" so you do have your James Bond thinking cap on.

No Nobel Prize in Rocket Science for guessing what the odds on colour is then I guess.  

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, paul514 said:

I have not watched Eduoard but he is apparently very good according to the media people and people on here.
I can't get THAT excited though as its the Scottish league, I don't buy into the whole he could be a hit or a miss because it is that league if you watch him you can make a very educated guess.

It could be a very important buy for us if he is as good as people say.

Yeah McGinn total flop