Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

36 minutes ago, rayk said:

@Villan4Life 

No matter how good Toney might turn out to be to pay £10m, even with add ons, for a League One ST is probably a step to far.

Im not saying he’s worse than Samatta, just the defending in League 1 is pretty shocking.

@rayk you  must be a brilliant scout :)

Edited by Villan4Life

1 hour ago, Villan4Life said:

He's absolutely gash @VillaChris.. 

Unibrow eyebrows too r? . no thanks! :D

I thought he played quite well in the run in when Southampton picked up form, generally a goes under the radar type but think if you asked his team mates they'd say he does a fantastic job.

Certainly would rather have him in my midfield than Hojbjerg.

1 hour ago, est1874 said:

Would people rather Benrahma or Watkins? If it transpired that Brentford wouldn't sell both to the same club, for one reason or another.

(Just curious to see who people would rather have)

Think I'd take Watkins of the two given he can play out wide or upfront so gives us more depth in weak positions. And we desperately need more goals.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, rayk said:

Has anyone seen the link to Conor Gallagher? £10m apparently

Not the finished article and hate the hair band, but for a 20 year old he looks quality. More of an AM who can drift wide than someone who can play LW/AM/RW.

Similar sort of player to Cantwell but for half the price. 

He did really well at Charlton. Didn't see as much of him when he went to Swansea mid season but got more influential in the run in. The very definition of a box to box midfielder so would be competition for Hourihane although I don't think he's quite ready to be a starter in the premier league yet.

Would be a good pick up for West Brom thinking about it so yeah sign him.

Just now, VillaChris said:

Think I'd take Watkins of the two given he can play out wide or upfront so gives us more depth in weak positions. And we desperately need more goals.

Of the 3 Brentford forwards, I think Benrahma has the worst potential. The other 2 Watkins and Mbuemo be much better signings

Just now, Zatman said:

Of the 3 Brentford forwards, I think Benrahma has the worst potential. The other 2 Watkins and Mbuemo be much better signings

Mbuemo was terrible in the run in although apparently he got covid 19 so guess that impacted on him.

Said before I don't think Benrahma is a bad player but there's been loads of these creative types in championship who impact little in prem e.g Taarabt, Tom Ince, Redmond (although he's finally getting things together at Southampton now) etc.

And going years back Sasa Curcic was excellent for Bolton yet could never fit in here.

This idea Benrahma is only creative playmaker worth signing in world football is amusing. Rodrigo De Paul is better than him and would probably cost a similar fee. If we're serious about becoming a top half team again in near future that's someone we should be putting feelers out to.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, est1874 said:

Would people rather Benrahma or Watkins? If it transpired that Brentford wouldn't sell both to the same club, for one reason or another.

Watkins. I think that Benrahma is a better player for his main position, but Watkins has versatility in his positions. Which would also lead me to thinking we couldn't just sign him only as a striker — we'd sign another striker as well, where as if we signed Benrahma he would probably be our main winger addition. 

24 minutes ago, Villaphan04 said:

Watkins. I think that Benrahma is a better player for his main position, but Watkins has versatility in his positions. Which would also lead me to thinking we couldn't just sign him only as a striker — we'd sign another striker as well, where as if we signed Benrahma he would probably be our main winger addition. 

Why are people going on like we can only sign one of them, should just get them both in be done with all this silly talk of who's going in what position. Let's face it we need both of them at the moment no matter what to increase squad depth and have options.

What im concerned with is the reports that we are only buying around three players. If true we are going to struggle with players coming off the bench because our bench needs a serious upgrade as well. Last season player who we had on the bench failed to make an impact most games even after lockdown, why are we going for such a low number of players when we need more than three to be able to change outcomes.

What are we going to do rely on Ghazi, Samatta, Lansbury, Bree, Trezegeut, Davis,Wesley and whoever else to be our saviours next season i doubt many if any of those can change or win games.

If we do not bring in around four to six players I fear we will be looking at a relegation scrap again, is no one deeply concerned by our possible subs bench if we were to bring just three players in??

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

Why are people going on like we can only sign one of them, should just get them both in be done with all this silly talk of who's going in what position. Let's face it we need both of them at the moment no matter what to increase squad depth and have options.

What im concerned with is the reports that we are only buying around three players. If true we are going to struggle with players coming off the bench because our bench needs a serious upgrade as well. Last season player who we had on the bench failed to make an impact most games even after lockdown, why are we going for such a low number of players when we need more than three to be able to change outcomes.

What are we going to do rely on Ghazi, Samatta, Lansbury, Bree, Trezegeut, Davis,Wesley and whoever else to be our saviours next season i doubt many if any of those can change or win games.

If we do not bring in around four to six players I fear we will be looking at a relegation scrap again, is no one deeply concerned by our possible subs bench if we were to bring just three players in??

I agree last season the subs bench, or weakness of, cost us a lot of points. It’s why we lost so many from winning positions in my view as when teams like Liverpool brought on 3 World class subs when we were winning with a few minutes left we brought on 3 who weakened us and we capitulated. That was enough to change the result from 3 points to zero. Lots of other examples too 

Edited by danceoftheshamen
  • Like 1

46 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

I don't disagree, I think we need to focus on bringing in quality additions to supplement the core of the squad right now. My post was just a reply to a hypothetical either Watkins or Benrahma question above. 

2 hours ago, Dave-R said:

Depends on the money available, if it’s the same as last year we can definitely do what you’re suggesting and add quality to the first 11.

if it’s 100 million like the papers say then it’s got to be four maybe five at a push because the absolutes of a striker a two wide forwards are the most expensive positions.

5 hours ago, est1874 said:

Watkins. It's not about individual ability, it's about what we need to balance the squad. 

I really wouldn't want them to raid Brentford for their players.

Out of the names that have been speculated I'd like Edouard, Rashica, Eze, McKennie, Aarons and maybe an experienced CB if there's anything left from the budget. Perhaps a GK on loan again if Heaton isn't ready.  

7 hours ago, est1874 said:

Watkins

• Like 1