Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

Being linked to Glen kamara again from Rangers which would be happy about as he appears to me to be a different mix of player to what we have currently and what is needed. We need someone who will get the best out of Douglas Luiz and McGinn and offer protection to the back line. 

3 minutes ago, thabucks said:

Being linked to Glen kamara again from Rangers which would be happy about as he appears to me to be a different mix of player to what we have currently and what is needed. We need someone who will get the best out of Douglas Luiz and McGinn and offer protection to the back line. 

Where have we been linked with him?

I see Pedro Chirivella is reportedly going Nantes on a free this summer - thought he and Harvey Elliot were the stand out performers against us earlier this season when we played the kids. I wouldn’t have minded him as he has the ability to develop into a top player. 

14 minutes ago, thabucks said:

I see Pedro Chirivella is reportedly going Nantes on a free this summer - thought he and Harvey Elliot were the stand out performers against us earlier this season when we played the kids. I wouldn’t have minded him as he has the ability to develop into a top player. 

We should have been right on that ourselves mate.

Would have been a very astute acquisition.

Oh well :) 

Edited by Villan4Life
  • Thanks 1

On 08/05/2020 at 22:10, villalad21 said:

But he isn't hired as a defensive coach.

I think he was hired as a one of the lads keep the group happy, give them advice, someone easy to talk to, approachable and respected, bollock tickler to get a group of good players to perform how they should in a team that had underperformed for God knows how long

That's not enough in the PL... I think he's still good to have around but not as AM

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Can see us going back in for Harry Wilson if we stay up. Permanent deal aswell as he has little chance of breaking into Liverpool team and fits the profile we'd be looking for.

back in? did we go for him before

I wouldnt do business with Liverpool if honest, they will ask for ridiculous fee and include some dodgy add ons

1 minute ago, Zatman said:

back in? did we go for him before

I wouldnt do business with Liverpool if honest, they will ask for ridiculous fee and include some dodgy add ons

Yeah we were certainly linked with him in the summer, talk of 16m bid.

He started alright in the prem before fading. I'm also factoring in if we stay up Bournemouth will probably go down in place of us.

Trez out and use part of that money to sign him. Gives us a stronger squad at least.

1 hour ago, villalad21 said:

I'd rather take Buendia

like how we go on about grealish being £80m+ and then McGinn and Mings being £30m+ I would guess that Norwich stick similar figures on Buendia and Cantwell

there will be no value in either of them even if Norwich get relegated

• Like 2

3 hours ago, villa4europe said:

like how we go on about grealish being £80m+ and then McGinn and Mings being £30m+ I would guess that Norwich stick similar figures on Buendia and Cantwell

there will be no value in either of them even if Norwich get relegated

I think they will ask for £30m+ for both, but might struggle to get it, given the way things are.  I would offer £50m for both - take it or leave it..:D

19 hours ago, thabucks said:

If Bournemouth fall and we stay up we should look at Brooks as a possible replacement for Jack. I like Cook also if I’m being greedy. 

I'd bring Mings twin here, we all know who that is lol.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Dave-R said:

I'd bring Mings twin here, we all know who that is lol.

Yep i first mentioned him as suggestion on Villa Talk in 2017.

This is my March 2019 post when he was at Huddersfield.

Edited by Villan4Life
  • Like 3

13 hours ago, The_Steve said:

Max Aarons would be a good shout at right back assuming Norwich go down.

I think you are right but I also think that lots of other clubs would be in for him, probably ones that are higher in the table than us too