Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

25 minutes ago, thabucks said:

I wanted us to get Robert Skov over Trez last summer as they went for similar fees and he seemed the better prospect. He hasn’t been as impressive this season statistically as the year before but he is in a harder league and still performed admirably. He can cover LB as well as the wings... 

23 minutes ago, sne said:

#Metoo

Edit: Robert Skov

Me as well :)

Edited by Villan4Life

10 minutes ago, useless said:

Being linked to Christian Luyindama again, apparently he's said in the Turkish press that he wants to join us.

I'd be delighted if we could do some sort of swap deal with Trez moving to Galatasaray and Luyindama going the other way.

Should add I've not really seen him enough to judge...

I thought we might have gone back in for him in January when there was talk of us needing a defender and a defensive midfielder as he can play both positions, birmingham mail suggest that we were going to but then he got injured.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Villan4Life said:

Me as well :)

Great minds .... 🤔😉

Ive always considered myself an armchair scout front the endless weeks spent playing championship manager. I’m not any good but I do like searching for players, reading up On them from many sources and obviously the obligatory YouTube vids.

A player that has really impressed me is a young USMNT striker at Bremen is Josh Sargent - this kid has massive potential and maybe we could do some kind of deal on him and Rashica - especially if they get relegated. Also would rather we go for Joe Rodon from Swansea than Luyindama but he has been linked with Citeh previously. 

Edited by thabucks
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, thabucks said:

Great minds .... 🤔😉

Ive always considered myself an armchair scout front the endless weeks spent playing championship manager. I’m not any good but I do like searching for players, reading up On them from many sources and obviously the obligatory YouTube vids.

A player that has really impressed me is a young USMNT striker at Bremen is Josh Sargent - this kid has massive potential and maybe we could do some kind of deal on him and Rashica - especially if they get relegated. Also would rather we go for Joe Rodon from Swansea than Luyindama but he has been linked with Citeh previously. 

I didn’t even realise Bremen were in the relegation zone. If we stay up I would go all out for them. Rashica has similar stats to Jack this season and both of them are in relegation battles. He is what we need fast, skilful, direct and explosive. Sargent would be a great prospect also

• Like 1

Only 11 games for Gala although apparently he got a bad injury in November (actually I remember someone mentioning it on here in January).

50 odd games for Standard Liege over two seasons so looks like another we're basing on staring in Belgian league.

Luyindama I wouldnt touch as I said many times. his fitness is shit and the Turkish league isnt much better than Belgium

Cant think of many players that moved from Turkey to England and thrived, maybe Alpay but that was 20 years ago

11 hours ago, Zatman said:

Luyindama I wouldnt touch as I said many times. his fitness is shit and the Turkish league isnt much better than Belgium

Cant think of many players that moved from Turkey to England and thrived, maybe Alpay but that was 20 years ago

Alpay and possibly Tuncay Şanlı too

He did pretty good for Middlebrough coming from Fenerbahçe as a free agent and scored 18 goals in 70 games  for them.

They made over £5mil when they sold him to Stoke.

Edited by Villan4Life

Guess Çağlar Söyüncü did in fact stop by 2 years in Germany before moving to Leicester but he's been quite good.

Their best players seldom end up in England but rather go to Italy, Germany or Spain.

Kabak, Demiral, Elmas all look lite interesting prospects who are off to solid starts after leaving Turkey but in general y prejudice against Turkish players is they often have trouble to adjust to moving abroad and that they often are a bit of trouble. Turkey is a strange country.

As for Luyindama all I know is he's big strong and fairly fast for a big guy, and being Congolese he speaks French. That knee injury scares me thou and I'm not sure he and Mings is an ideal pair as from the little I've seen he also likes to take unnecessary risks.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, sne said:

Guess Çağlar Söyüncü did in fact stop by 2 years in Germany before moving to Leicester but he's been quite good.

Their best players seldom end up in England but rather go to Italy, Germany or Spain.

Kabak, Demiral, Elmas all look lite interesting prospects who are off to solid starts after leaving Turkey but in general y prejudice against Turkish players is they often have trouble to adjust to moving abroad and that they often are a bit of trouble. Turkey is a strange country.

As for Luyindama all I know is he's big strong and fairly fast for a big guy, and being Congolese he speaks French. That knee injury scares me thou and I'm not sure he and Mings is an ideal pair as from the little I've seen he also likes to take unnecessary risks.

Was going say him too but played in Germany after Turkey.

Zatman was saying in his post from Turkey to Premier League Jonah :)

Hence why i didn't say Söyüncü mate. :D

I also think MIle Jedinak from Gençlerbirliği to Palace as a free agent in 2011  was a very  good bit business he had very good time at Palace and did well in first the Championship helping them get promoted and then playing really well for them in Premier League for a few season's before coming to Villa and making Palace a £4mil profit.

Edited by Villan4Life

Not sure Luyindama currently being in Turkey matters much regarding players from the Sûper League and the PL tbh.

He's been there half a season of which he's been inured half of it. 

He's Congolese and played mostly in Belgium since he moved abroad. Samba and Mulumbu both had OK-ish careers in England but I think both of them played youth football in France.

1 hour ago, sne said:

Soyuncu is a classic case of struggling to settle, he needed a year on the bench and just in and around the squad before he settled in properly, he really struggled to pick up the language

There was even rumours he was going to go out on loan back to Turkey or Germany because he hadn't settled

Looked like an absolute bombscare with the ball the few times he played for us last season

Thankfully we stuck with him and it has paid off

Edited by Fox1884
  • Like 2

Luyindama was initially linked with us as alternative to Mings, maybe if we're relegated then he will be his replacement, that's if he'd be prepared to play in the championship. If we're to come straight back up we're going to have to sign some quality, don't want to mess about spending another three seasons down there.

4 minutes ago, useless said:

Luyindama was initially linked with us as alternative to Mings, maybe if we're relegated then he will be his replacement, that's if he'd be prepared to play in the championship. If we're to come straight back up we're going to have to sign some quality, don't want to mess about spending another three seasons down there.

I’ve just watched a YouTube video of Luyindama and he plays as a right sided centre back, looks good

Never seen him play but when we were linked in the summer seem that the Galatasaray rated him highly. He's also being linked to West Ham and Wolves, so if we do go down might be out of our reach.

3 hours ago, Fox1884 said:

Soyuncu is a classic case of struggling to settle, he needed a year on the bench and just in and around the squad before he settled in properly, he really struggled to pick up the language

There was even rumours he was going to go out on loan back to Turkey or Germany because he hadn't settled

Looked like an absolute bombscare with the ball the few times he played for us last season

Thankfully we stuck with him and it has paid off

Or he improved because you got in a good coach

Let me guess. You started seeing improvements in him and other players once Brendan arrived..

Edited by villalad21

1 hour ago, villalad21 said:

Or he improved because you got in a good coach

Let me guess. You started seeing improvements in him and other players once Brendan arrived..

Rodgers brought defensive coach Koko Toure with him & Soyuncu credits him with his improvement plus playing alongside Jonny Evans helps. Playing centre back is like sex. A good partner helps.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, useless said:

I think you're quite rightly justified to say that.

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, gurru991 said:

Rodgers brought defensive coach Koko Toure with him & Soyuncu credits him with his improvement plus playing alongside Jonny Evans helps. Playing centre back is like sex. A good partner helps.

I think he would keep struggling under your previous coach.

Kolo and Brendan seem to have made the difference. Not just with him but the whole team. That's what good coaches does, they improve players.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

I think he would keep struggling under your previous coach.

Kolo and Brendan seem to have made the difference. Not just with him but the whole team. That's what good coaches does, they improve players.

Are you saying that Smith isn’t a good coach? 

• Like 1