Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

10 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Shane Duffy available on one year loan.

Celtic, West Brom, Burnley and West Ham all interested.

Would be a good pick up for us as a few of us have said on here.

Has a tendency to defend deep and invites pressure onto the team , he falls into the category of defenders that make these last ditch tackles that look great on TV but in reality is caused by his poor starting position

• Like 2

1 minute ago, pete101 said:

Has a tendency to defend deep and invites pressure onto the team , he falls into the category of defenders that make these last ditch tackles that look great on TV but in reality is caused by his poor starting position

Terrific header in both boxes though, let's remember we let in so much from crosses last season. Even in the improved defensive performance in the last few games we let that man mountain Theo Walcott drift in unmarked at the back post and Palace could've easily been allowed that goal that came in from a wide FK.

We simply aren't very good defending crosses so would seem logical to get in another aerially dominant CB who could help Mings out with that.

15 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Not sure why Brighton would loan to a relegation rival tbh

I'd seen figures of £8m banded about for him. Tough one at that...he's not particularly good at PL level, but £8m isn't a lot in this day and age. It's a £3m Zat Knight from MO'N days. Might be good to have him as cover, we need a right footed CB. You'd like to think our ambition was higher, but he'd be a decent squad player akin to keeping Chester if his injuries hadn't ruined him.

16 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

We’ve got to be aiming higher than Duffy surely. Reminds me of Richard Dunne but when the game has moved on a decade.

How about Kurt Zouma instead?

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Well that's not true at all. All I said in that thread I found it funny so many people were so excited by a player they most likely had never seen play. We saw how superb Trez was last year, or Wesley for that matter. At this point we got a lot of players that came from abroad, and I just think we need to mix it up with more proven players. Maybe Rashica is that quality. If we sign him, lets hope so. 

I'd be more excited by some proven PL players. Max Aarons and Ramsdale and Brooks would do me fine. Billings as well. Maybe not the most fancy names, but I think they could do a job here and work in a team. 

This is why I've been saying for ages we need to sign players from the Bundesliga as it is a quality league. Far, far superior to the Belgian. Rashica has proven himself there.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, rayk said:

We’ve got to be aiming higher than Duffy surely. Reminds me of Richard Dunne but when the game has moved on a decade.

How about Kurt Zouma instead?

Is Zouma really that good? He had a really bad injury about 4 years ago and since then he's been a regular at Stoke who went down conceding 68 goals and Everton couldn't defend the year he was there on loan either. Chelsea are terrible defending crosses aswell.

Duffy would be a decent pick up imo, we need a replacement for Chester who's experienced and can show a bit of leadership alongside Mings.

3 minutes ago, Okonokos said:

This is why I've been saying for ages we need to sign players from the Bundesliga as it is a quality league. Far, far superior to the Belgian. Rashica has proven himself there.

Completely agree there. I quite enjoy watching that league. I do however think it's fair to keep in mind the PL is a different animal all together. The pace of the game is often something players even from other good leagues struggle with. 

Edited by KenjiOgiwara
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Zouma is a good shout but he’d cost a lot

If Ake went for £40m, Zouma would be £25m ish?

Also, rumours are Chelsea looking to offload him.

Edited by rayk
  • Like 1

Just now, VillaChris said:

Is Zouma really that good? He had a really bad injury about 4 years ago and since then he's been a regular at Stoke who went down conceding 68 goals and Everton couldn't defend the year he was there on loan either. Chelsea are terrible defending crosses aswell.

Duffy would be a decent pick up imo, we need a replacement for Chester who's experienced and can show a bit of leadership alongside Mings.

Duffy too old and too slow. If Brighton are shipping him out how would he be good enough for Villa. The rule change that came in last season effectively consigned many decent centre backs to lower leagues. The technical demands on centres backs now have elevated as a result of the rule changes. 

2 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

I agree but generally Bundesliga players are more expensive for that very reason.

7 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Completely agree there. I quite enjoy watching that league. I do however think it's fair to keep in mind the PL is a different animal all together. The pace of the game is often something players even from other good leagues struggle with. 

You have the Belgian and Turkish leagues, which we've tried and I think we all agree that we should probably only shop there for up and coming players with potential now.

For our main targets for the first team we have to be looking at La Liga, Serie A and the Bundesliga, maybe Ligue 1 too. Out of those leagues, I'd say the Bundesliga is most similar to the Premier League in terms of style. I'd have more confidence in a player making the transition from the Bundesliga to the Premier League than any other league. Also, yes it's a great league to watch. I love it and find it more entertaining than the PL.

• Like 2

Aston Villa journalist James Rushton has claimed that there would be ‘better opportunities’ available for Werder Bremen winger Milot Rashica than a move to Villa Park this summer. 

https://thisisfutbol.com/2020/08/blogs/premier-league/aston-villa-james-rushton-discusses-potential-move-for-milot-rashica/

Well cheers James 🙄

10 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Who the hell is that bloke, never seen his name connected in the press to us before.

Has Percy stirred at all this summer, interested who he thinks we're after? Can remember summer 2015 when he was calling Veretout, Adama, Ayew and Gana and they all happened the day after.

28 minutes ago, Philosopher said:

Duffy too old and too slow. If Brighton are shipping him out how would he be good enough for Villa. The rule change that came in last season effectively consigned many decent centre backs to lower leagues. The technical demands on centres backs now have elevated as a result of the rule changes. 

Which rule changes?

Zouma is not as good a defender as I previously thought, if a Villa player defended like they did vs Aubameyang in the cup final they would be rightfully slaughtered. No coincidence he has played in leaky defences recently