Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

4 minutes ago, useless said:

Billing isn't a defensive midielder, Bournemouth tried him there but didn't impress, most of their fans will tell you that he only impressed when they played him as an attacking midfielder. When he impressed at Huddersfield he was more of an attacking midfieler as well.

wasn't impressed with him at VP. all he seemed to do is run around kicking people. should've been sent off and was hauled off at half time as a result. think we're ok in CM personally and if we do strengthen there i'd hope we aim higher. 2 relegations on his CV now too

• Like 3

Billing isn't a defensive midielder, Bournemouth tried him there but didn't impress, most of their fans will tell you that he only impressed when they played him as an attacking midfielder. When he impressed at Huddersfield he was more of an attacking midfieler as well.

Attacking midfielder?? Lol

5 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

wasn't impressed with him at VP. all he seemed to do is run around kicking people. should've been sent off and was hauled off at half time as a result. think we're ok in CM personally and if we do strengthen there i'd hope we aim higher. 2 relegations on his CV now too

He was very good at their place against us but I've never really seen much else of him.  If we signed players based solely on good performances against us we'd had bought 90% of the league.

Edited by Wainy316
  • Haha 2

Billing is more of an attacking midfielder than a defensive midfielder, this idea that he's a DM is a lazy misconception based on his size. If we were to sign him as a DM I'd be very worried about our scouting.

• Like 1

Most Bournemouth fans will tell you that Billing has been woeful whenever they've tried to play him as a DM, too laid back. Better further forward, but to be honest I don't think they've been that impressed with him where ever he's played.

11 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

He was very good at their place against us but I've never really seen much else of him.  If we signed players based solely on good performances against us we'd had bought 90% of the league.

including the entire southampton team. how the **** did we stay up!

18 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

i thought cantwell was top scorer and more highly thought of generally by their fanbase? dont really care either way, seemed like he has a bit of quality about him

Recently a list of players was produced of the major five leagues to reflect how many goal scoring chances were created; Buendia was in tenth position (think Grealish was fourth).

20 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

i thought cantwell was top scorer and more highly thought of generally by their fanbase? dont really care either way, seemed like he has a bit of quality about him

Buendia created all their chances though. Buendia only had one decent chance all season which he scored. Buendia also can take free kicks and corners which we need. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

Recently a list of players was produced of the major five leagues to reflect how many goal scoring chances were created; Buendia was in tenth position (think Grealish was fourth).

i'd be happy with either to be honest. think they'd both be an immediate improvement on what we have

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, useless said:

Billing is more of an attacking midfielder than a defensive midfielder, this idea that he's a DM is a lazy misconception based on his size. If we were to sign him as a DM I'd be very worried about our scouting.

Luiz is more of an attacking midfielder than a defensive one but that doesn’t stop him playing DCM.

Im not saying Billing isn’t skilful but he would offer us something different to Luiz and Nakamba in a DCM role. Not a starter necessarily, more likely a bench or squad player.

• Confused 1

37 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Cantwell hasn't impressed me much. Not sure we should go for him. Seems like a poor man's Lee Hendrie. 

It doesn't seem like ANY player impresses you much going off your comments over the last few pages and in the Rashica thread.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, chips'ngravy said:

I think Cantwell is a cracking player. Stood out for me in the home game vs Norwich. Had a pretty impressive first season in the Premier League and is only 21 (I think) so plenty more development to come. He's a local lad though so I wonder if he might stay put for another year or two.

I totally agree. He was probably the best player on the pitch (Hause aside) that day. 
I think Cantwell would be a terrific signing, as would Buendia. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, rayk said:

Attacking midfielder?? Lol

He's box to box. At Huddersfield the DM was Jonathan Hogg. At Bournemouth it's Lerma.

Luiz is miles better than Billing and of course McGinn can play box to box no problem when fully fit so I don't really get why some think Billing is the answer for DM.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Every single time we are linked to any decent attacking player this is the first post ffs.

You know we are allowed to have more than one decent attacking player in our squad right?

Also, players get injured and fall out of form.

Players get tired and need to be subbed.

Tactics change.

We have cup games etc.

Not sure why I have to place the same response everytime.

It's as if our fans are so used to us being shite the concept of multiple good players in the squad confuses them.

People were also moaning last season when the 5 subs rule was put in that we had no one good to bring off the bench.

I really can't remember the last time we actually had 2-3 good options off the bench to turn a game. Even in the MON years it was just the same 14 players recycled with a Carew/Heskey sub around the hour mark.

Next season is going to be a 9 month season crammed into 8 months so we need far more than just 12-13 credible first team players.

I do suspect this summer we'll sign the eventual replacement for Grealish but makes more sense to give him 12 months learning alongside the maestro first.

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

It doesn't seem like ANY player impresses you much going off your comments over the last few pages and in the Rashica thread.

Well that's not true at all. All I said in that thread I found it funny so many people were so excited by a player they most likely had never seen play. We saw how superb Trez was last year, or Wesley for that matter. At this point we got a lot of players that came from abroad, and I just think we need to mix it up with more proven players. Maybe Rashica is that quality. If we sign him, lets hope so. 

I'd be more excited by some proven PL players. Max Aarons and Ramsdale and Brooks would do me fine. Billings as well. Maybe not the most fancy names, but I think they could do a job here and work in a team.