Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

44 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

last week confirmed our interest in watkins, aside from that nowt

yeah i think percy must have an arrangement with villa for exclusives in exchange for not reporting nonsense like all the rags do. think it goes for all of the telegraph reporters like matt law too. they're all generally very reliable. shame it's such a tory paper, but that's for another thread.

Hmmmmmm.

"devil is in the detail"

Edited by TRO

18 minutes ago, andycv said:

Jack Butland is apparently available for £8m according to SSN. I say we flog Nyland and Kalinic and bring him in for competition for Heaton.

And is a reason for that. He wasnt even Stoke 1st choice at the end of the season 

• Like 2

Just now, Mazrim said:

If Luiz isn't a cultured CDM I don't know what he is. He's potentially a top player there too. No way should we move him.

In my mind he's a locked in starter there.

He was excellent after the break for sure but as TRO mentioned above, he is such a great technically gifts player pressing forward that if we could get a talented brick shithouse behind DL SJM and Jack then it might transform us for the better and also give us more options 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, pete101 said:

Has a tendency to defend deep and invites pressure onto the team , he falls into the category of defenders that make these last ditch tackles that look great on TV but in reality is caused by his poor starting position

well observed, it happens with many players.

as an example Bobby Moore, never got his shorts soiled, such was his reading of the game.....much the same as "God"

Edited by TRO
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Jas10 said:
2 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Shane Duffy available on one year loan.

Celtic, West Brom, Burnley and West Ham all interested.

Would be a good pick up for us as a few of us have said on here.

1 hour ago, Djemba_Villan said:

Not sure why Brighton would loan to a relegation rival tbh

I'd seen figures of £8m banded about for him. Tough one at that...he's not particularly good at PL level, but £8m isn't a lot in this day and age. It's a £3m Zat Knight from MO'N days. Might be good to have him as cover, we need a right footed CB. You'd like to think our ambition was higher, but he'd be a decent squad player akin to keeping Chester if his injuries hadn't ruined him.

No Way Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

Oh I was exclusively talking about Boggies, Burnley and West Ham of course 😂

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, Phil Silvers said:

He was excellent after the break for sure but as TRO mentioned above, he is such a great technically gifts player pressing forward that if we could get a talented brick shithouse behind DL SJM and Jack then it might transform us for the better and also give us more options 

No so sure about the "Brick outhouse" but yeah, I get the drift.

A Yaya Toure or Patrick Viera type, would fit my description perfectly......sign a player like them and I would be convinced of us sealing premeir league status and moving up the ladder.

before that statement gets twisted by some......yes we need the offensive players crucially too......but that CDM position is paramount for me.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Zatman said:

And is a reason for that. He wasnt even Stoke 1st choice at the end of the season 

proper anomaly he is. the sheer rate of decline - only Joe Hart comparable. Stoke fans have no idea what happened.

Shows what we know yet again...I think the number of people on here (me included) NOT chomping at the bit for us to sign him for £20M a couple of seasons ago would be single figures. It seemed a no brainer at the time.

1 minute ago, Djemba_Villan said:

proper anomaly he is. the sheer rate of decline - only Joe Hart comparable. Stoke fans have no idea what happened.

Shows what we know yet again...I think the number of people on here (me included) NOT chomping at the bit for us to sign him for £20M a couple of seasons ago would be single figures. It seemed a no brainer at the time.

£20m is a lot of money for a goalkeeper, we only paid £8m for Heaton, we got value for money in the short term

1 minute ago, Djemba_Villan said:

Thought exactly the same re Hart. Maybe he just threw a stupid strop for not getting that move to us last season.

But you’d definitely want to know the backstory.

13 minutes ago, Phil Silvers said:

I think this is old thinking. Your defensive midfielder is a "unit" who just breaks up play etc.

Actually, if you have a guy who can screen the back 4 and then pick passes to get attacks moving, its the best solution.

• Thanks 2

13 minutes ago, Mazrim said:

If Luiz isn't a cultured CDM I don't know what he is. He's potentially a top player there too. No way should we move him.

In my mind he's a locked in starter there.

10 minutes ago, Phil Silvers said:

Good points both here.

I think Smith wants to use him as the deepest, most central of a three-man midfield precisely because he is so good on the ball. We've seen since the restart he can receive an under pressure ball from a defender quite comfortably, turn and release someone with a progressive pass.

That's just my view though. We don't know how Douglas Luiz will be used next season yet. I still see differences of opinion between will we play 433 or 4231, which would obviously affect things.

Just have to wait and see!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, andycv said:

Jack Butland is apparently available for £8m according to SSN. I say we flog Nyland and Kalinic and bring him in for competition for Heaton.

He has gone full “Joe Hart” and established himself as one of the worst keepers who has ever represented England. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, TRO said:

No so sure about the "Brick outhouse" but yeah, I get the drift.

A Yaya Toure or Patrick Viera type, would fit my description perfectly......sign a player like them and I would be convinced of us sealing premeir league status and moving up the ladder.

before that statement gets twisted by some......yes we need the offensive players crucially too......but that CDM position is paramount for me.

100% takes pressure off the back 4 too which should obviously cut down on errors.

Give us a name TRO, who could we realistically get?

15 minutes ago, TRO said:

So.... we need to sign a player who will one day be in the top 10 list of premier league all time best players ? :D 

• Haha 2