Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

Think the striker situation is again a concern, if Watkins gets injured or struggles we've only got Davis and Traore able to play there until Wesley comes back. King or Rashica would have given us enough cover there I think. Another area I feel we're weak is in defence, the backup for both CB and LB isn't great and Targett looks a weak link.

But as people have said Rome wasn't built in a day. We're making strides and have improved the first team a fair bit, so shouldn't be in a relegation scrap. I'd be happy with a solid 12th placed finish then to make 3 or 4 big signings again next summer. Hopefully we'll have shifted out players like Jota, Lansbury, Hause, Nyland and Kalinic by then too.

Personally think we're strongest in midfield, at RB and have two very able GKs in Martinez and Heaton. So our next priorities should be improving LB, getting better cover/competition at CB, and ensuring we have enough pace and firepower up front and out wide to trouble any team in the league. If we don't get anyone else in during this window hopefully we'll see a new face in January depending on how we're doing in the league. 

Still think there might be one more in. The only name that pops up in my head that would automatically fit the bill is Josh King.

Not superexpensive, could cover all three positions in attack, used to the PL and would probably sign for us given none of the big boys are in for him.

Would be happy with him.

11 minutes ago, Okonokos said:

Josh King available for £10m apparently. Would be a decent number two striker and can play out wide too. Something like that and I think we'd be okay then.

If he’s just £10m I’d be more than happy with that. That’s no much money at all these days.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, markavfc40 said:

As a collective you would never want to see the side that played last night in the Premier League, or even a handful coming in at the same time. Two or three of them needing to come into the side at the same time though to cover for injuries/suspensions and we would cope just fine.

exactly...any more than that and it would mean we've got an injury crisis.

• Like 1

King will probably be a back up choice for clubs if they can't get their first choice targets done before the window shuts as you can sign players from the Championship for another week.  There might be a bit of competition for him by then, I agree he would be a good addition to the squad for what we still need at that price.  I'm pretty sure we must have a bit more in the budget to spend.

Rashica... I thought it was quite the achievement to have over 300 pages and not even be our player. But my mind is blown that he now has 2 threads,  yet looks increasing like he isn't coming.

My heart goes out to the people on here who have put massive effort into those threads and left their jobs to post full time on them. Hopefully you find alternative employment soon! 

Edited by Made In Aston
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

28 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Has a reporter ever asking Smith about Rashica? I find it odd that a reporter asked about Roca in an interview today (based on a spurious link) and not a player that we've been linked to all Summer. 
Or maybe he has been asked and I've missed it?

Yeah it's a strange one IMO.

• Like 2

You would imagine Lansbury would be desperate to go out on loan somewhere to put himself in the shop window. 

His contract expires next summer and his next contract will likely be his last big money one.  Not playing hardly at all in 2 years isn't going to encourage anyone to throw big money at you. 

30 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Has a reporter ever asking Smith about Rashica? I find it odd that a reporter asked about Roca in an interview today (based on a spurious link) and not a player that we've been linked to all Summer. 
Or maybe he has been asked and I've missed it?

Can only think that reporters have been asked not to ask about him. Why? I don't know.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Okonokos said:

Can only think that reporters have been asked not to ask about him. Why? I don't know.

If that was the case then the reporters would have reported that they were asked not to ask. As was the case with Southgate and Jack

I dont think a real concrete Rashica link has ever really appeared. It was all just from that Kosovan journalist who I think we can all gather is a bit of a bullshitter at this stage

He would be a player that would improve us but its not happening from what I can see