Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

2 minutes ago, Zatman said:

I dont think a real concrete Rashica link has ever really appeared. It was all just from that Kosovan journalist who I think we can all gather is a bit of a bullshitter at this stage

He would be a player that would improve us but its not happening from what I can see

Frank Baumann himself said it though didn't he? And Fabrizio Romano reported it too. He's as reliable as they come. That's certainly more than the Marc Roca link anyway.

Edited by Okonokos

32 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

No brainer for 10 million.

we were interested in him at one stage i think...imagine theres a reason why it's not happened i.e. wage demands, not interested in us etc. i can see him at spurs tbh

King seems to fit in all sorts of ways. Covers two positions which we're short in, is fit and fast on the counter, has PL experience, is available and reasonably cheap. I think he'd be a good signing, and I hope to see him come in.

• Like 4

Just now, HanoiVillan said:

King seems to fit in all sorts of ways. Covers two positions which we're short in, is fit and fast on the counter, has PL experience, is available and reasonably cheap. I think he'd be a good signing, and I hope to see him come in.

This. I'd have been gutted if he was bought as our first choice striker but right now, I'd be delighted with him to cap off our summer spending.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

I would be happy too with King......would also give us an option to play 2 up top.....if Dean wanted to do that.

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Has a reporter ever asking Smith about Rashica? I find it odd that a reporter asked about Roca in an interview today (based on a spurious link) and not a player that we've been linked to all Summer. 
Or maybe he has been asked and I've missed it?

It's a very good point, especially if its true that Roca was immediately dismissed yesterday. The coverage on Rashica has been strange, some fairly reputable sources such as Fabrizio Romano have confirmed the deal discussions but in the mainstream media we've yet to see even a passing mention of it.

The optimist in me, thinks that Dean has banned journo's from asking due to a very intense negotiating tactic by Villa (rumour has it WB will need to take out a loan to cover operating costs for the year, if he's not sold?)

The reality of it is he most likely joins the famed list of Sneijder, Kiyotake, Belhanda et al and the club don't want to even mention his existence because they know fans will be disappointed.

King is the most likely option but am I deluded for thinking Malen seems attainable? He's had a bit of buzz around him for a while but 11g in Dutch league doesn't exactly make him Haaland level.

4 hours ago, Sulberto21 said:

I agree we need to bring in another one or two. However I think we will but regardless of that we've had a great window. Wouldn't mind that Aussie Scot central defender from Stoke. Harry Souter. I wonder what @Villain4Life thinks about him?.

I've scouted and watched him live for Walsall vs Fleetwood 2 season's ago and suggested to my club goes that they try and sign him on loan., but he went back to Fleetwood again last season on loan. i'll find my report and pm you it @Sulberto21

I've also suggested Nathan Collins on here before.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, rayk said:

What I’m living about the rumours this window is just when you think all the targets have been identified it’s like .......BANG....here’s another target that’s EVEN better.

I was very happy with one of Brewster or Sarr..... but now the only player I want as wide player / ST is Donyell Malen!

Perfect player fit wise, and like Traore, spent the early part of his career in the UK so no questions about him settling!

serious star wars GIF by Hyper RPG

Does your head in doesn't it? Likewise if Donyell Malen doesn't happen I'll spit my dummy until the next BS link to appear!

I think that's us done then. Like others have said we're a bit light in areas but well we can't fix absolutely everything. I'm pleased with the business we've made.  

Would like to welcome Milot Rashica to the Kiyotake/Belhanda club.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I see Wet Spam are kicking off on us being mugged to pay 11 mill on Ross Barkley......saying they turned it down......yeah.

why are they bothered about our finances?.....strange.

2 minutes ago, TRO said:

I see Wet Spam are kicking off on us being mugged to pay 11 mill on Ross Barkley......saying they turned it down......yeah.

Irrelevant kit-stealing B******S, who cares what they think!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, TRO said:

Are we paying him 200 grand a week?

16 minutes ago, Okonokos said:

This. I'd have been gutted if he was bought as our first choice striker but right now, I'd be delighted with him to cap off our summer spending.

Same here said it earlier on here somewhere if he was the No 1 target from the start I'd have been disappointed, but if he really is available for 10 mil we'd be silly not too. Unless of course we are still in for some sort of marquee signing?

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Villan4Life said:

I've scouted and watched him live for Walsall vs Fleetwood 2 season's ago and suggested to my club goes that they try and sign him on loan., but he went back to Fleetwood again last season on loan. i'll find my report and pm you it @Sulberto21

I've also suggested Nathan Collins on here before.

Safe to say sign him up! It's exactly as I suspected. Harry Souttar has the potential to be one of the best defenders in the game. All the attributes.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Sulberto21 said:

Safe to say sign him up! It's exactly as I suspected. Harry Souttar has the potential to be one of the best defenders in the game. All the attributes.

Ashley Preece now been raving on about Souttar & Collins.

Edited by Villan4Life
  • Like 1