Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

1 hour ago, Farlz said:

Would like to welcome Milot Rashica to the Kiyotake/Belhanda club.

Said it from the start. What I find weird is that it feels like we have one of these attacking midfielders linked every window that everyone wants, that never pans out. 

Rashica, Kiyotake, Belhanda, Izzet, Sneijder. I'm sure I'm missing about 10 others now, so please add to the list. 

Edit: Added Moutinho, Defour, McCarthy. Juninho, Rueben De La Red.

Edited by KenjiOgiwara
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Said it from the start. What I find weird is that it feels like we have one of these attacking midfielders linked every window that everyone wants, that never pans out. 

Rashica, Kiyotake, Belhanda, Izzet, Sneijder. I'm sure I'm missing about 10 others now, so please add to the list. 

Add Moutinho & Defour to the list.

• Like 1

Just now, jacketspuds said:

Has Smith come out and said we are done for this window?

I interpreted what he said in the way that unless we are selling someone the next few days, it's not going to be further additions.

I'm not clued in at Villa, nor do I really know how FFP works, but I assume a sale can free up wages or something so another purchase becomes possible. 

So hopefully AEG is gone by the deadline. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

We obviously are light on quality at left back, cb, wingers and a striker. We are lacking squad depth and need luck with injuries, but we can't expect to build Rome in a window I guess? 

You're right we can't tick every box in our first summer window as a PL team, we didn't come up like wolves with a team ready for the PL. Suso had a tough ask last year and really didn't do a very good job of it.........we'll get there but it will take a couple of years I reckon. We just need another forward then I will class this window as a huge success.

21 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Rueben De La Red 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Edit: Added Moutinho, Defour, McCarthy. 

Hiam Revivo

33 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Edit: Added Moutinho, Defour, McCarthy. 

Juninho

Watkin's fee looks like a bargain compared to that abomination Sheffield just negotiated. £24 million fee, 3-year buy back, and a 15% sell on. Brewster has 10 total senior goals. All in the Championship. 🤮

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, YouUnastanFren said:

****, that is a good one. These names are triggering some kind of nostalgic frisson

Who was that Brazilian prospect we were all fantasising over when MON was manager? He said we’d be ‘looking much closer to home’ when asked about it and I think we ended up signing Heskey 😆

Just seen Wolves are signing Ait-Nouri from Angers on Loan with an option to buy, this is the left back we should have been going after only 19, Barcelona was looking at him, he’ll be quality 

24 minutes ago, LondonLax said:

Who was that Brazilian prospect we were all fantasising over when MON was manager? He said we’d be ‘looking much closer to home’ when asked about it and I think we ended up signing Heskey 😆

Think it was Falcao the Colombian IIRC?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1