Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

3 minutes ago, Mjvilla said:

There isn't much of that is there? I'd say 90% of posters agree that more is needed. I really haven't seen many say they wouldn't like more. 

I think it's unlikely we will get more, but to make a post about something that's not really being said is a bit strange, to me.

Not today. I think there is a feeling that DS has ‘confirmed’ we need to sell before we buy.

But as last night showed I don’t think they’ll be many clubs rushing in for any of our players.

Kalinic, nyland, Lansbury, guilbert/Elmo could all probably leave without causing any worries to the squad. Who else could go without causing issues to the squad? 

Jota and Engels maybe. Smith PC seems to suggest we're done. Unless something extraordinary happens... like a bid for Lansbury.

I do think fans are over-reacting to last night, but I wouldn't mind a versatile LW/ST option. Maybe a CB if Engels is obsolete. 

In terms of our transfer business I think we have done quite well. I think all the signings are a upgrade to what we previously had.

However the squad is still unbalanced with 5 keepers and 3 right backs yet  we have at best 2 defensive midfielders  and at the moment 2 fit strikers on the books. Central defence is a bit light given Engels seems to be injured all the time, Hause is back up at best, and Mings does not have the greatest of injury records.

We've got a first 11 capable of being mid table, a few injuries and a few bad results and we've got a team capable of getting relegated. 

I think every team in bottom half could say the same. 

I suppose question for us now is do we want to make 1/2 acquisitions to try and protect ourselves against those injuries and the possibility of another relegation battle. 

My guess from Deano's comments is we are done but who knows. 

Edited by villaglint
  • Like 1

Kalinic, nyland, Lansbury, guilbert/Elmo could all probably leave without causing any worries to the squad. Who else could go without causing issues to the squad? 

I would keep Guilbert but I would add Taylor (I know people might think we need left back cover but he's hopeless), I'd also add AEG & Davis people might think that leaves us short on bodies but I'd honestly rather play someone from the youth team who is costing us 10% and is actually busting a gut to take a chance rather than the ones I've named.

I think we are done with incoming transfers:

Aston Villa boss Dean Smith says he does not expect any more new faces to arrive, unless there are some outgoings.

"I think we are quite happy with what we've got at the moment," said Smith.

"We set a target of what we wanted and the positions and we are comfortable with that.

"We will have to keep our finger on the pulse in case anyone comes in for our lads. If there are outs then there's a possibility of ins after that."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/live/football/54381088

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I am going to send PM’s to 20 random posters. 5 will be abuse, 5 will be Kenneth Williams Gifs, 5 will be fish puns and 5 will be some very reliable ITK information I have just received.

I hope those 20 lucky posters are happy with what they get. 

And if you don’t pass those PM’s on to at least another five VT posters, CARMEN WINSTEAD WILL GET YOU  

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, ender4 said:

I think we are done with incoming transfers:

Aston Villa boss Dean Smith says he does not expect any more new faces to arrive, unless there are some outgoings.

"I think we are quite happy with what we've got at the moment," said Smith.

"We set a target of what we wanted and the positions and we are comfortable with that.

"We will have to keep our finger on the pulse in case anyone comes in for our lads. If there are outs then there's a possibility of ins after that."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/live/football/54381088

Better hope Traore is good then. 

Let's just hope that XI that was on the pitch last night never appears together as a unit again. As for Tayls and Lansbury, I don't want to see them in a match day squad.  

I worry that, if Engels really is frozen out, we're making the same mistake as last season in having limited cover for a key area. I also worry about the centre forward position if Ollie gets injured, but I understand that we need to keep the door open for Wesley's return. Will be keeping a close eye on Wes's comeback. 

Overall, if our shopping spree has finished, I think we should be happy with our business. Our first XI is a lot stronger with these five additions and we're nicely settled with the new contracts to Ty and Jack. And, those players who were first choice last year but have now been relegated to the bench (Trez, AEG, Conor) can hopefully have an impact for us off the bench. It's baby steps but we're okay.

Edited by KevinRichardsonsMoustache

Someone posted earlier that DS confirmed we’re not in for Roca.

If that’s true I’m frankly amazed. Sounds like the perfect back up to Dougie and with only Burnley and Sheff Utd our apparent competitors I think we’d win any transfer battle.

And I’d get shot of Nakamba on loan to Galatasaray or whatever Turkish club apparently want him.

5 minutes ago, joshharris12 said:

Turns out rob and bbc were right no more money

Yet every week you pretend we're about to sign someone.

Talk about low level input to a messageboard.

• Like 2

On 26/09/2020 at 12:27, joshharris12 said:

Milot

These are probably the least amusing posts on this site. And as above posters have mentioned, Dorsett was about a thousand miles away from calling the no money situation correctly. 

• Like 3

38 minutes ago, GENTLEMAN said:

Jota and Engels maybe. Smith PC seems to suggest we're done. Unless something extraordinary happens... like a bid for Lansbury.

I do think fans are over-reacting to last night, but I wouldn't mind a versatile LW/ST option. Maybe a CB if Engels is obsolete. 

I'd agree with all of that other than putting more urgency on the idea of the LW/ST option. A lot is riding on Traore at the moment as a combination of speed and quality is still desperately required wide attack. We've done well in many other areas but i won't be completely confident until this is properly addressed and i'm not sure we'll get anything like the best out of our new £30 centre forward as it stands. Would be a pity.

Still feel Villa are a bit light particularly in striker, wide forward, LB and CB positions for their business to be finished this window.

I would honestly rather spend the January budget now to cover those positions rather than waiting until January should injuries occur.

Benramha and Edouard are available and yes I know would be very expensive but signing those two would release others to play in different positions.

• Like 3