Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

6 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Leon Bailey 👀

I don’t think we’re going to sign a first team player that hasn’t previously played in the UK.

So for me it’ll be 1 or 2 from Edoaurd, Sarr, Benrahma, Brewster, Barkley, RLC, Sessegnon, Henry.

That fits with all the signings we’ve made to date.

As mentioned previously, Sarr would be #1 choice, with RLC on loan to strengthen the CM.

We could possibly sign Nelsson or Dahramy but they’re squad players and Lange would personally vouch for them.

We’re not going to spend £25m+ on a player unproven domestically so can forget Bundesliga, Serie A, La Liga or Lihue 1 signings this window.

2 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

Who has 2 DMs? That's incredibly negative and sounds Pulisesque. Will never happen under Smith. 

The last good dedicated DM we had in 4141 was Whelan. It's single pivot and basically sweeper but in front of the back 4 and patrols laterally and rarely gets forward

2 DM's isn't necessarily negative. The full backs play high up the pitch thus allowing the wide forwards to tuck in . This leaves one midfielder as a free roaming playmaker. The two DM's are there for cover. You in essence have a front 6. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

Who has 2 DMs? That's incredibly negative and sounds Pulisesque. Will never happen under Smith. 

The last good dedicated DM we had in 4141 was Whelan. It's single pivot and basically sweeper but in front of the back 4 and patrols laterally and rarely gets forward

Agreed but it’s down to the whole debate on Jack moving to AM. I think the collective feeling is that SJM and Dougie wouldn’t have enough bite and would get overrun.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, rayk said:

So for me it’ll be 1 or 2 from Edoaurd, Sarr, Benrahma, Brewster, Barkley, RLC, Sessegnon, Henry.

Edouard,sarr and benhrama will cost upwards of 40m each and that's not going to happen

Rico henry will be expensive as well..brewster is 25m which is daylight robbery,sessegnon is meh and unless chelsea decide to pay half of barkleys wages we aint getting him on loan either8

10 minutes ago, rayk said:

Agreed but it’s down to the whole debate on Jack moving to AM. I think the collective feeling is that SJM and Dougie wouldn’t have enough bite and would get overrun.

That's fine but I disagree as long as the rest of the team is putting in defensive shift

6 minutes ago, OLDVILLAIN said:

Edouard,sarr and benhrama will cost upwards of 40m each and that's not going to happen

Rico henry will be expensive as well..brewster is 25m which is daylight robbery,sessegnon is meh and unless chelsea decide to pay half of barkleys wages we aint getting him on loan either8

When I said 1 or 2, I think 1 will definitely be a loan of Barkley, RLC.....and yes Chelsea will subside a portion of their wages.

Agree Sarr or Edoaurd would be £35m ish. Benrahma wouldn’t cost more than Watkins imo, so prob £22m.

i don’t think we’re going to go for a LB this window so Sessegnon and Henry more by way of example.

38 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

It's about having bodies in defensive areas rather than necessarily calling  a player a defensive midfielder. Liverpool play with 3 in the middle, all capable off tracking and tracking back to their box. 

It depends on the opposition and really it's just a tactical theory because in reality Nakamba is not really good enough to be starting PL games.

• Like 1

Just now, Mr_Dogg said:

It depends on the opposition and really it's just a tactical theory because in reality Nakamba is not really good enough to be starting PL games.

Sure but we weren't talking about cover but starting 11. I want a #10 to come in not a DM

9 hours ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Shall we close this thread too?

You've been bored of the whole Rashica thing from the word go!

Nah was all excited and tingly to start with, but as soon as it started to become evident he really doesn't want to come to Aston Villa I began to lose interest. 

I want players here that really want to play for this club!

Edited by zab6359

1 hour ago, Kiwivillan said:

You may see it like that but you are forgetting I want it to facilate the full backs getting really high up the pitch to do over loads.

Also I’m not talking about Nakamba type defensive midfielders here who can litterally only do simple passes and defend I am talking about mobile, technically skilful defensive midfielders like Luiz.

Call them defensive play makers if you like.

you would have 4 permanent attackers in this system 6 with the overload and it’s very defensively sound.

58 minutes ago, Mr_Dogg said:

It's about having bodies in defensive areas rather than necessarily calling  a player a defensive midfielder. Liverpool play with 3 in the middle, all capable off tracking and tracking back to their box. 

Pretty much what I was saying, I tried to just make a better idea explanation in reply 

1 hour ago, Sulberto21 said:

2 DM's isn't necessarily negative. The full backs play high up the pitch thus allowing the wide forwards to tuck in . This leaves one midfielder as a free roaming playmaker. The two DM's are there for cover. You in essence have a front 6. 

That’s exactly what I am trying to say.

the team basically has 4 moving parts in the defensive midfielders and the fullbacks whilst the others stick to their positions 

14 minutes ago, paul514 said:

I am talking about mobile, technically skilful defensive midfielders like Luiz.

Call them defensive play makers if you like.

you would have 4 permanent attackers in this system 6 with the overload and it’s very defensively sound.

I think we have that. Luiz is more the quarterback and McGinn is the box to box but both can cover most roles adequately in double pivot structure which still has 4 permanent attackers. 

AM

RW CF LW

2 hours ago, rayk said:

I don’t think we’re going to sign a first team player that hasn’t previously played in the UK.

That fits with all the signings we’ve made to date.

As mentioned previously, Sarr would be #1 choice, with RLC on loan to strengthen the CM.

We could possibly sign Nelsson or Dahramy but they’re squad players and Lange would personally vouch for them.

We’re not going to spend £25m+ on a player unproven domestically so can forget Bundesliga, Serie A, La Liga or Lihue 1 signings this window.

Milot Rashica. 😁