Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

28 minutes ago, gwi1890 said:

Apparently Leeds are in for him on loan but saying that Leeds are linked to everybody surprised they haven’t linked them with Sancho yet!
Back to Sessegnon I think he’s a bit overhyped the big move hindered him yea but still he’s not all that. 

He just needs minutes and to be played in the right system.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, paul514 said:

Yea if we have a defensive midfielder in as well other wise I’d rather have RLC as he is a good all rounder

Who is the defensive midfielder replacing? I'd rather Luiz and McGinn in double pivot and a #10 which could Barkley or similar instead or Jack if got a LW

8 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

Who is the defensive midfielder replacing? I'd rather Luiz and McGinn in double pivot and a #10 which could Barkley or similar instead or Jack if got a LW

A defensive midfielder would be playing next to Luiz, McGinn has mostly been seen in CM and ACM, I think he could play DCM but who cares anyway we need extra players in central midfield.

if McGinn is on the bench for a game you know we have a strong central 3 on the pitch.

1 hour ago, paul514 said:

Centre back, centre mid, wide forward.

If we can't afford the fees then we need to go to the loan market.

You could loan Loftus Cheek, Tuanzebe, Sessegnon if we have no cash.

I really wonder if Tuanzebe would ever get mentioned as a potential signing if he hadn't played for us, any other player with his record would be immediately ignored.

Imagine being linked with a defender who had half a decent season on loan in the championship, never given a sniff of PL football before or after and has been injured for like 2 years

He's probably better all rounder than Hause but worse in the air, and, like Hause, is miles behind Konsa or Mings, would just be a waste of a loan signing 

Sessegnon I'd be interested in as a backup, he's surely better than Taylor and plenty of time to improve but still wouldn't be worthwhile as a loan (for anyone, he wouldn't get enough game time to develop for his parent club and isn't good enough right now to make much difference to us), wouldn't be against signing him permanently. 

Don't know much about Loftus Cheek tbf, would prefer Barklay if we're shopping at Chelsea but wouldn't be against it due to my limited knowledge of the player, he could turn out great! 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, av1 said:

Given that both cover for LB and LW would be welcome, Sessegnon wouldn't be a bad shout at all.

Why would you go for a player who has shown that he isn't good enough at PL level?! No chance he takes targett's position. 

Edited by Made In Aston
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, Made In Aston said:

Why would you go for a player who has shown that he isn't good enough at PL level?! No chance he takes targett's position. 

And personally for him self being back up for a player at villa is even worse than his current situation 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, paul514 said:

A defensive midfielder would be playing next to Luiz, McGinn has mostly been seen in CM and ACM, I think he could play DCM but who cares anyway we need extra players in central midfield.

if McGinn is on the bench for a game you know we have a strong central 3 on the pitch.

Defensive mid is single pivot. I prefer double pivot with Luiz and McGinn as both good box to box and defensively so can alternate and trouble opposition defence as have to switch on to the double threat

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

Defensive mid is single pivot. I prefer double pivot with Luiz and McGinn as both good box to box and defensively so can alternate and trouble opposition defence as have to switch on to the double threat

I want to play with 2.

the full backs push on and the defensive midfielders screen the defence and fill on for the full back when a counter happens 

3 minutes ago, paul514 said:

I want to play with 2.

the full backs push on and the defensive midfielders screen the defence and fill on for the full back when a counter happens 

Who has 2 DMs? That's incredibly negative and sounds Pulisesque. Will never happen under Smith. 

The last good dedicated DM we had in 4141 was Whelan. It's single pivot and basically sweeper but in front of the back 4 and patrols laterally and rarely gets forward

• Like 1