Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

54 minutes ago, sidcow said:

I keep seeing people saying stuff like  "I bet they've leaked this or that rumour to pressure x club into something" 

A) Do people genuinely believe that is the way football clubs go about their business? Really? and if they do

b) Why would any club actually believe those rumours if its an accepted way of doing things.  They would just automatically disbelieve the links. 

I think people have an overactive imagination if they really think these kind of shenanigans go on. 

I wouldn't be surprised if Sky and BBC reporting that we have no money left has come direct from the club. Dean Smith was then suspiciously coy about it when asked following last nights win. 

Whether it's true or not is up for debate. I suspect not. Either way think to say with certainty that clubs don't leak this kinda info to their benefit is naïve. 

Edited by dont_do_it_doug.
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Just seen that we are apparently "monitoring" Milners situation at Pool. Now this, I'd be over the moon with!

Can't he cover LB as well? Immense midfield upgrade imo.

I hope this is true for two reasons. 1 - He's flipping brilliant. 2 - A chase for the the return of Milner would finish VT off nicely this summer I think. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Just seen that we are apparently "monitoring" Milners situation at Pool. Now this, I'd be over the moon with!

Can't he cover LB as well? Immense midfield upgrade imo.

Every day and twice on Sundays.

Huge ability, huge experience, total professional. Still loved by the fan base too. 

19 hours ago, KevinRichardsonsMoustache said:

This team with Rashica and Traore, with Jack moved to Conor’s position, would be v interesting.  I really hope we pull it off because we’re solid enough but so pedestrian* going forward.

*stealing an excellent word used by several posters in the match forum.

madden GIF

Just now, MessiWillSignForVilla said:

Sorry to burst everyone's bubble, but the Milner stuff is twitter BS. It's based off one random account that claims the Liverpool Echo has said we're interested, but there is nothing on their website or social media pages.

Jim Carrey Chance GIF

25 minutes ago, Mark_1989 said:

Can’t see us paying £8m for a 34 year old.

We did pay £8m for Tom Heaton last summer. He was 33 at the time.

Obviously GK is a bit different but we gave him a 4 year contract.