Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

I still don't rule out more forward signings.

To occupy the 3x midfield slots we have Barkley, McGinn, and Luiz as first choice (I presume), with Conor/Nakamba on the bench. Jack could also come into it. It's a busy season, so rotation will help with energy levels and avoiding injuries. That seems pretty good, and means that Ramsey can get a loan out to start regularly, probably in the Championship.

In the front 3x clots, we have Watkins, Jack and presumably Traore as first choice, with Trez, Davis and AEG back up. Ditto on rotation.

Add (for example) Rashica into that list, and you have more rotation of players, and better substitute options in the front 3, and would probably sell AEG. This is the modern game. 

Sounds OK to me.

15 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

I'm not suggesting we will by any means but just imagine if we went and broke our transfer record again now before the end of the window on one of Sarr/Edouard/Benrahma/Rachica....

I think we'd go into absolute meltdown.

Even if we don't add another player though what a summer it has been considering all the added issues in the game/world at the moment.

- We've improved in terms of recruitment staff

- Added Craig Shakespear to the coaching team

- Signed countless young players for the academy and recruited a number of additional staff for it 

- Improved all the key areas of our squad (other than LB)

- Signed Jack and Mings to new long term deals

- We even got a new website! 

I mean, it doesn't get a lot better than that does it? In just about every aspect of the club we've improved despite the considerable challenges of these times.

Meanwhile our owners are paying for it and seeking no limelight.

No guarantees of anything of course but nobody can say the club isn't really genuinely trying to drive forward.

Love the fact that our owners don’t seek limelight , never keen on owners tweeting and seeking attention, like Xia and Tony Kahn the other night 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, supermon said:

Just goes to show how pivotal staying up last year was. Huge credit has to go to Dean Smith, I lost faith in him last year but he really has done a sterling job since post lockdown.

Indeed. Smith looked a broken man after the draw at Everton, but credit to him and the coaching and the players, they turned it around. Happy to be proven wrong.

Smith continues to show his willingness to learn and adapt which is a welcome change in a manager.

2 minutes ago, avfc1982am said:

I think the owners deserve some serious love from the fans. They've been fantastic for our club in everyway. I hope it's not lost on people in the future just what they have done to revitalise Aston Villa.  

I actually don't think they get the credit they deserve. They have been unbelievable. We really did strike gold with them. They can have the freedom of the city as far as I'm concerned.

18 minutes ago, gwi1890 said:

Love the fact that our owners don’t seek limelight , never keen on owners tweeting and seeking attention, like Xia and Tony Kahn the other night 

Well the main two don’t anyway, the other one does love a camera now and then.

• Haha 3