Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

31 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

I think this puts an end to us signing raschica. 

I think the plan was sign 2 wingers and move Jack Central. Now I think we will keep jack wide left and barkley has come in to improve the middle. 

Looks that way for sure....but you never know with these new guys in charge. The fact Wesley was crocked early season will still be in their memory so hopefully another striker is being looked at and I wouldn't be surprised to see a more defensive LB either now or more likely in Jan. Moving a few out would help a lot. So far great window.

Fantastic signing.  The best thing is he is a proven creative and goal scoring player who will no doubt improve us.  He will allow Grealish more space to perform even better and cover for him should he miss games through injury or suspension.  Losing Grealish for any period of time and not having enough creativity was one of my major concerns.

Even if this means our transfer business is over now, I am happy with the window and think we can afford to be selective with further additions over the next few windows bringing in high quality young players for good value.

Edited by MJ_1874
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

I'm not suggesting we will by any means but just imagine if we went and broke our transfer record again now before the end of the window on one of Sarr/Edouard/Benrahma/Rachica....

I think we'd go into absolute meltdown.

Even if we don't add another player though what a summer it has been considering all the added issues in the game/world at the moment.

- We've improved in terms of recruitment staff

- Added Craig Shakespear to the coaching team

- Signed countless young players for the academy and recruited a number of additional staff for it 

- Improved all the key areas of our squad (other than LB)

- Signed Jack and Mings to new long term deals

- We even got a new website! 

I mean, it doesn't get a lot better than that does it? In just about every aspect of the club we've improved despite the considerable challenges of these times.

Meanwhile our owners stay out the limelight paying for it and seeking no limelight.

No guarantees of anything of course but nobody can say the club isn't really genuinely trying to drive forward.

Very much this. 

giphy.gif?cid=4d1e4f29kogawxcig32uv42m3n

1 minute ago, TrentVilla said:

I'm not suggesting we will by any means but just imagine if we went and broke our transfer record again now before the end of the window on one of Sarr/Edouard/Benrahma/Rachica....

Even if we don't add another player though what a summer it has been considering all the added issues in the game/world at the moment.

- Signed countless young players for the academy and recruited a number of additional staff for it 

I mean, it doesn't get a lot better than that does it? In just about every aspect of the club we've improved despite the considerable challenges of these times.

Meanwhile our owners stay out the limelight paying for it and seeking no limelight.

No guarantees of anything of course but nobody can say the club isn't really genuinely trying to drive forward.

Totally agree with this. This has been one of the best transfer windows /preparation for a season I've known and I've been a fan since '89. The off the field recruitments have been very good too.

3 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

For me, this is the most exciting bit. We owe everything to those two men.

5 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

I'm too young to remember the league cup sucesses of the 90s and everything, for a time, felt upwards under Lerner/MON until it fell apart and the consequences put us on a downward trajectory for years to come.

However, I can say, I've never felt this excited in my lifetime, we have the ownership and structure to be a true force in the league again in the years to come. It will come with challenges and time, but I have full belief in the vision of this ownership.

Edited by The_Steve
  • Like 1

Great we have got barkley in. He's whatbwe need in the middle...too many if our midfield drop too deep sometimes past the CB's....we never get any second balls and invite teams to the edge of the box.

He will sit in the gap and bring the ball forward to grealish mcginn and get it wide quick which we didn't do Monday at fulham.

I hope smith plays a 5 midfield because I still think 3 is not enough for us and stifles our play due to less numbers and options.

I know there has been talk of rashica...who knows...add him in and a new 4234 formation and I think this team will go places...barkley pulling the strings...grealish playing in the middle...shame that mcginn wpukd miss out but then we need good options on the bench.

Watkins

Rashica     grealish     Traore

Barkley      luiz

New    Mings    Konsa    Cash

Matinez

Edited by Bazmonkey
Spelling

10 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

Meanwhile our owners are paying for it and seeking no limelight.

And whilst Villa have done that many of our rivals have stood still.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

Meanwhile our owners are paying for it and seeking no limelight.

Yeah but the kit isn't very good. Sack Smith and the board.

8 minutes ago, supermon said:

Just goes to show how pivotal staying up last year was. Huge credit has to go to Dean Smith, I lost faith in him last year but he really has done a sterling job since post lockdown.

Agreed and so did I. I felt he was naive last summer and throughout pre-lock down in how we approached the window and games. He learnt though and you can’t fault him for that and since then he and we have been very different.

6 minutes ago, Bazmonkey said:

I hope smith plays a 5 midfield because I still think 3 is not enough for us and stifles our play due to less numbers and options.

I know there has been talk of rashica...who knows...add him in and a new 4234 formation and I think this team will go places...barkley pulling the strings...grealish playing in the middle...shame that mcginn wpukd miss out but then we need good options on the bench.

Watkins

Rashica     grealish     Traore

Barkley      luiz

New    Mings    Konsa    Cash

Matinez

wow, that's a lot of playersnumbers crows GIF by netflixlat

Edited by MrBlack
  • Haha 3