Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

54 minutes ago, TRO said:

Dave....in order to understand how the dialogue came about......Sarr was quoted as £50 mill as a selling price, by a poster....I said in supposition, "seems like they don't want to sell him, a bit like us with Jack"......Trent then countered and said Jack was never for sale, which is fair comment, perhaps he never was.....I was just going on Journo talk.

However, you too are right.....its a moot point. He is staying with us......Thank all concerned.

It was nothing sinister, just harmless banter.

Oh no I'm not having a go TRO, but thanks for explaining where the conversation came about. Now I'm alot more clearer in how its turned into Grealish subject.

😉

Just now, Dave-R said:

Oh no I'm not having a go TRO, but thanks for explaining where the conversation came about. Now I'm alot more clearer in how its turned into Grealish subject.

And Sarr at 50 mill if by any chance there is any truth to that then someone who's suggested that price tag needs there head seen to lol.

😉

42 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

I'm not suggesting we will by any means but just imagine if we went and broke our transfer record again now before the end of the window on one of Sarr/Edouard/Benrahma/Rachica....

I think we'd go into absolute meltdown.

Even if we don't add another player though what a summer it has been considering all the added issues in the game/world at the moment.

- We've improved in terms of recruitment staff

- Added Craig Shakespear to the coaching team

- Signed countless young players for the academy and recruited a number of additional staff for it 

- Improved all the key areas of our squad (other than LB)

- Signed Jack and Mings to new long term deals

- We even got a new website! 

I mean, it doesn't get a lot better than that does it? In just about every aspect of the club we've improved despite the considerable challenges of these times.

Meanwhile our owners are paying for it and seeking no limelight.

No guarantees of anything of course but nobody can say the club isn't really genuinely trying to drive forward.

Very much this.  The amount of good work going into the club has been amazing. 

It's also why many of us get so annoyed with lazy pundits/journalists. Obviously there is a lot to prove on the pitch, but the owners/management team should be getting a lot more outside recognition for what is happening at Villa. Especially when you see what's going on at West Ham/Fulham etc.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

We absolutely have to keep Hourihane. He just takes Lansbury's place in the pecking order, which is exactly the sort of strength in depth we need.

Hourihane has proven to be an asset at PL level, just not as a first team starter. With him on the pitch we will have an increased goal threat, so it's a great option to bring on from the bench. 

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, avfc1982am said:

I think the owners deserve some serious love from the fans. They've been fantastic for our club in everyway. I hope it's not lost on people in the future just what they have done to revitalise Aston Villa.  

shower soap GIF

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, fonz said:

While unlikely to take us to the next level, I think Hourihane deserves greater respect and credit for his contributions over the last few years. I don't think we'd have stayed up without him on the pitch. I think he feels like he doesn't get enough respect either (judging by what he posts on social media over the past couple of years), which 'upsets' me. A huge part of our progress and still think he's got a role to play until we (hopefully) get to that next level. And when he comes to leave, should be recognised for what he's done for us. Would not be happy to see him go now

That you Connor?

5 minutes ago, Jareth said:

I think Sarr and Edouard are going to be priced out of a move, Benrahma may not be what we now need - hate to say it but given our interest was confirmed by Werder it really might just be Rashica at the last minute...

He'd be an absolutely perfect addition now. Would give us so many options going forward. I still think we could do with a backup centre back too.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Made In Aston said:

Some people are saying signing Barkley means the Rashica deal is dead. I don't believe that as we still need another forward and he fits the bill, even if it means using Traore as cover as CF. 

Having moaned at folks for saying Traore will cover CF repeatedly - Smith then went and said exactly that. I reckon they have a pretty firm idea on Wes's return date. So I'd agree, and say if one more in then most definitely the likes of Rashica or similar. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Okonokos said:

He'd be an absolutely perfect addition now. Would give us so many options going forward. I still think we could do with a backup centre back too.

The extra delay could quite well be to do with the injury he picked up on international duty. Now that it looks like he has made a full recovery you might see this one moving quickly. 

• Like 1