Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

When was the last time we've had such a buzz and genuine belief about the club like this? The last couple years have started to get it rolling but this summer window has just been fantastic. Like I said earlier it feels like everything to do with Villa right now is just going way too good, not very often we feel that as Villa fans. 

So pleased with the Barkley signing. This is the best midfield we've had for about 10 years. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Farlz said:

When was the last time we've had such a buzz and genuine belief about the club like this? The last couple years have started to get it rolling but this summer window has just been fantastic. Like I said earlier it feels like everything to do with Villa right now is just going way too good, not very often we feel that as Villa fans. 

So pleased with the Barkley signing. This is the best midfield we've had for about 10 years. 

Agreed typical we cannot go to games to watch it all unfold! 

2 minutes ago, Farlz said:

From Lerner's takeover in 2006 to the week we lost to CSKA and drew at home to Stoke. February 2009?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, The Fun Factory said:

From Lerner's takeover in 2006 to the week we lost to CSKA and drew at home to Stoke. February 2009?

You know what.

In a strange way, all of the clusters*cks, have brought us to this point.

Think about it, without the terrible sequence of events, we would not have been taken over by NSWE.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

You know what.

Think about it, without the terrible sequence of events, we would not have been taken over by NSWE.

Well yes but in between I wouldn't  have minded getting to the Champions League and winning a few domestic cups, instead of seeing my club trend water and then decay.

I am just so thankful that NWSE have a plan and are just getting on with it.

4 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

You know what.

True but at the same time if Lerner had been more sensible with where he spunked his many millions,  we'd have got there a lot sooner. Our new owners haven't spent any more then he did, just way more wisely.

• Like 1

Provided we actually pull off the Rashica signing on deadline day, this is where we're at: 

A 29 man squad, which means 2 goalkeepers and 2 outfield players need to go out (I can see Ramsey going on loan, which means one more out) at a minimum.

Martinez

Cash - Konsa - Mings - Targett

McGinn - Douglas Luiz - Barkley

Traore/Rashica - Watkins - Grealish

Subs:

• Heaton/Steer/Nyland/Kalanic
  • Elmo/Guilbert/Taylor
  • Engels/Hause
  • Hourihane/Nakamba/Ramsey/Lansbury
  • Trez/El Ghazi
  • Wesley/Davis

On paper, this has been a brilliant window.  10th - 14th should be the minimum, but TBH, the sky is the limit.  Last season, our defense was shambolic, but as many have pointed out, a lot of our defensive problems were caused by how poor our forwards/wingers were (Jack being the exception).  We had no pace to hit teams on the break and spent most of our time struggling to get out of our own half.  That was addressed this summer and now we'll get a chance to see how well Mings/Konsa/Targett will handle being in a "standard" Premier League team.  If they actually are of the quality we hope for, we could continue to push further up the table.  Otherwise, we'll focus our strengthening on those spots next summer. 

Regardless, I'm absolutely chuffed, lads.  I haven't been this excited about Villa since we were knocking on the door of the Champions League under O'Neill.  It's amazing to see our progress under our new owners.  We've gone from mid table in the Championship with a lopsided financial sheet, to a mid-table Premier League side who plays exciting football and a lot of room to grow, both on the pitch and in the front office.  

• Like 4

1 minute ago, KMitch said:

Provided we actually pull off the Rashica signing on deadline day, this is where we're at: 

A 29 man squad, which means 2 goalkeepers and 2 outfield players need to go out (I can see Ramsey going on loan, which means one more out) at a minimum.

Martinez

Cash - Konsa - Mings - Targett

McGinn - Douglas Luiz - Barkley

Traore/Rashica - Watkins - Grealish

Subs:

• Heaton/Steer/Nyland/Kalanic
  • Elmo/Guilbert/Taylor
  • Engels/Hause
  • Hourihane/Nakamba/Ramsey/Lansbury
  • Trez/El Ghazi
  • Wesley/Davis

On paper, this has been a brilliant window.  10th - 14th should be the minimum, but TBH, the sky is the limit.  Last season, our defense was shambolic, but as many have pointed out, a lot of our defensive problems were caused by how poor our forwards/wingers were (Jack being the exception).  We had no pace to hit teams on the break and spent most of our time struggling to get out of our own half.  That was addressed this summer and now we'll get a chance to see how well Mings/Konsa/Targett will handle being in a "standard" Premier League team.  If they actually are of the quality we hope for, we could continue to push further up the table.  Otherwise, we'll focus our strengthening on those spots next summer. 

Regardless, I'm absolutely chuffed, lads.  I haven't been this excited about Villa since we were knocking on the door of the Champions League under O'Neill.  It's amazing to see our progress under our new owners.  We've gone from mid table in the Championship with a lopsided financial sheet, to a mid-table Premier League side who plays exciting football and a lot of room to grow, both on the pitch and in the front office.  

Lansbury or el ghazi the other to leave I'd hope.