Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

46 minutes ago, Awol said:

Not bid for King - yet. Even Percy is slipping this window! 

That's about the third time he's been wrong now. Either we're purposely leaking false information to him or we're just extremely water tight. Or both. Nothing gets out that they don't want to any more so on that basis I really think we'll sign someone who hasn't even been mentioned.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, sparrow1988 said:

That's how the Italian clubs do business though

Wasn't Eriksen sitting on an expiring contract at Spurs and din't want to sign a new one so therefore he was sold "on the cheap" to Inter? Why wouldn't they try and make some money, he's easily a £35m player.

• Like 1

On 12/02/2020 at 01:13, screwdriver said:

raiding relegated clubs gems should be first on our transfer agenda. Low hanging fruits such as Delafeo, Arrons, Cantwell and Dunk just as squad filler.

Also you have talent from leeds who will undoubtably fall away again. Phillips won't want another pre season of fell running thats for sure.

After that the marquee can begin!

Brighton fans will be devastated to hear they've been relegated

54 minutes ago, Awol said:

Not bid for King - yet. Even Percy is slipping this window! 

Said it before, but I wouldn't be surprised if we only used this to get other clubs to lower their demands.

Would be strange for Villa to want a bid for King to get public after we just missed out on Wilson.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

So Percy making up rubbish. Called it early

Did Percy say we had bid? I thought he said something like we were ‘close’ to making a bid, like the classic ‘preparing’ headlines.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Okonokos said:

That's about the third time he's been wrong now. Either we're purposely leaking false information to him or we're just extremely water tight. Or both. Nothing gets out that they don't want to any more so on that basis I really think we'll sign someone who hasn't even been mentioned.

Think its more likely he's picking up scraps from agents and the clubs on the other end of enquiries. Villa is clearly tight as a drum info wise.  I don't think there's any question we want Watkins, as Percy reported, but the issue seems to be over valuation. With King it could be Bournemouth or his agent trying to whip up interest, but we probably have asked about his potential availability. Wouldn't surprise me if it comes out later that we never even bid for Wilson either.  

5 minutes ago, sne said:

Wasn't Eriksen sitting on an expiring contract at Spurs and din't want to sign a new one so therefore he was sold "on the cheap" to Inter? Why wouldn't they try and make some money, he's easily a £35m player.

Yeah there was that too and I'm not saying they're wrong to do it or anything. They are well within their rights to charge what they want for their player.

Also I think the tweet in the link was referring to Inter not wanting to meet the asking price for Sanchez. 

• Like 1

Just now, sparrow1988 said:

Yeah there was that too and I'm not saying they're wrong to do it or anything. They are well within their rights to charge what they want for their player.

Also I think the tweet in the link was referring to Inter not wanting to meet the asking price for Sanchez. 

Ah OK. I can see why they wouldn't considering Manure were desperate to get rid of him and his massive wages, while Inter are likely less desperate to get rid of Sanchez.

27 minutes ago, El-Reacho said:

Yeah - I remember one pundit saying that they're trying to break into the top four by buying players who've been deemed not good enough by the top four teams they've signed them from. Delph, Walcott, Iwobi, Gomes, Schneiderlin all prime examples.

And I’m pretty sure that most of those names mentioned each cost over £20m each, even before you factor in contracts. Madness. It’s the lack of identity and coherent policy which has blighted us for years that I hope we are now over. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, useless said:

Percy said that we're set to make a bid, so that Tom Barclay tweet is essentially saying exactly the same thing that Percy said.

I love the whole, "set to bid" statement lol. Obviously we've been on the blower notifying clubs and media we are in process of making a bid. "Just waiting for the Kettle to boil, but can you let everyone know". Bunch of clickbait clowns. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, useless said:

Percy said that we're set to make a bid, so that Tom Barclay tweet is essentially saying exactly the same thing that Percy said.

Good to know we've 'weighed' up and 'prepared' a bid before we 'table' our offer.

Nice to see we're all set and prepared on this one.  :D

these ITKs and reporters are amazing at stating who we haven't made a bid for but 'might be interested in'

including:

anyone any other premier league club might be interested in outside of the top 6 - especially if they know they are the type of player we need i.e. a striker
anyone from Brentford
anyone we've been linked to before regardless if that previous link was correct
anyone any club home and abroad needs to sell
any player anywhere ever - because sheer guess work is fun

2 hours ago, string28 said:

Villa linked to Martinez again would be a really good signing.

Yep I see that. Gregory in The Athletic says we have bid closer to Arsenal's 20 mill asking price although he also says Arsenal will not let him go unless they can sign a desired replacement. I wonder if they fancy Nyland or Kalinc?