Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

15 minutes ago, Tez500 said:

Fraser looks like he is set for Newcastle on a free. I know people are put off but his attitude towards the end of last season but he is better than what we have and would have been gettable. I can understand him not wanting to play and jeopardise a future, similar to the likes if Watkins not playing in a friendly.

More gutting is that fact that Newcastle of all clubs are more active than us this window!

We could have bids in for 10 players. Newcastle could have just Fraser on the go. We don't know. How you can say that's a fact is bizarre.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

5 minutes ago, Mjvilla said:

So, Burnley signing a third choice keeper counts as a senior signing does it? West ham signing a player they had on loan with an obligation to buy does it? West brom signing a player with an obligation to buy counts too? Or how about Everton who signed a player for the under 23's? This is on top of the few with no signings whatsoever, ourselves included. 

Or Newcastle who signed a player on a free everyone on here turned their nose up at? Would you rather have all those signing instead of ours? What I'm doing with that information is to use it the way it should be used rather than using it as a stick to beat my club with. 

So much negativity in here, it's absolutely pathetic. God, I hate @JAMAICAN-VILLAN for bringing all those Facebook trolls over here!

The irony 😄 Calm down dear or you'll give yourself a coronary.

Also you're moving the goalposts in what is and isn't valid criteria again. In response to my OP, OxfordVillan asserted that I couldn't use 3-4 clubs as to prove we're in a minority, I expanded on this and now you've responded by using 3-4 clubs different clubs to attempt to argue otherwise.

There's more than 1 way to see a situation, just as there are multiple ways of crunching the data, so settle down.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, joshharris12 said:

No but maybe financial situation changed we heard the plan it was to stay up then build with quality. Where are they? 

Not here yet, and the situation hasn’t changed, it’s a bizarre line of thinking you are on.

10 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

Which is his job isn’t it?

But we paid over the odds last summer to land Mings and we spent a huge amount for a promoted team. 

Yes!

Mings was always gonna be over 20 million after getting us up and looking at it now was a good price. 

We are 100% trying our best. We clearly aren't panicking yet and buying people for the sake of it. The fact that we were trying to buy Rashica over the odds of RB offer shows we have the money to spend. 

Maybe the Ollie Watkins deal isn't done yet because we are still trying to land a higher calibre player and he is the back up if that doesn't come off. 

I'm a little upset that we haven't got any deals over the line but doesn't mean we aren't trying our best. Sometimes it doesn't come down to money (Rashica). 

• Like 1

I think the the bottom line here is we aren't moving at the pace we really should be, considering how close we were to going down last season.  I think most would agree we would like to have had a couple of fresh faces in by now, even if to up-lift the current squad, or better still, boot one or two up the arse. I don't see any of the delay's being down to funds though. There has been absolutely no evidence to suggest the owners aren't bothered. Just look at the youth been brought to the club. They have a long term vision for sure. 

I think delays are down to us probably going after players several other clubs are. Therefore if your mind is made up with who you want it becomes a long game, until all the cards are dealt. Not ideal at all but where we are. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, string28 said:

Yes!

Mings was always gonna be over 20 million after getting us up and looking at it now was a good price. 

It is a good price now but at the time it was over the odds. So that is evidence we will pay over the odds for a player that we really want, doesn’t mean we will do it every time but that we will.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

Loaning a keeper makes so much sense to me. No one we can get is better than Heaton. Would be silly to spend £10m+ for a sub.

Heaton has had two major injuries over the last two years so we'd be unwise to bank on him being available for the whole season. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, avfc1982am said:

I think the the bottom line here is we aren't moving at the pace we really should be, considering how close we were to going down last season.  I think most would agree we would like to have had a couple of fresh faces in by now, even if to up-lift the current squad, or better still, boot one or two up the arse. I don't see any of the delay's being down to funds though. There has been absolutely no evidence to suggest the owners aren't bothered. Just look at the youth been brought to the club. They have a long term vision for sure. 

I think delays are down to us probably going after players several other clubs are. Therefore if your mind is made up with who you want it becomes a long game, until all the cards are dealt. Not ideal at all but where we are. 

You would have thought it wouldn’t be that difficult to sign Aarons and Buendia from Norwich....

Both signings we should make, no reported bids 

5 minutes ago, est1874 said:

The irony 😄 Calm down dear or you'll give yourself a coronary.

Also you're moving the goalposts in what is and isn't valid criteria again. In response to my OP, OxfordVillan asserted that I couldn't use 3-4 clubs as to prove we're in a minority, I expanded on this and now you've responded by using 3-4 clubs different clubs to attempt to argue otherwise.

There's more than 1 way to see a situation, just as there are multiple ways of crunching the data, so settle down.

If you choose to use Burnley signing a third choice keeper or any of the other list of clubs I mentioned as a reason to criticise my club, then it certainly isn't me that needs to 'calm down dear'. 

If you can't see how bizarre a viewpoint this is, then there's no helping I'm afraid and I'm done with this. 

I'm sitting here quite relaxed and calm about my team in the transfer market, I think you're more likely to have a 'coronary' based on how we, comparatively, see things going on. Enjoy the stress and pressure, I'll enjoy being relaxed. Thanks. 👍

• Like 1

Just now, TrentVilla said:

It is a good price now but at the time it was over the odds. So that is evidence we will pay over the odds for a player that we really want, doesn’t mean we will do it every time but that we will.

I agree.

This transfer window is different world this season.

• Like 1

I do need to mention again.

In the midst of the panic.

Using Luiz as the most obvious example, our current crop of players will have settled, have a year of PL experience, as well as Deano, and could go on to become revelations.

If they can step up half as well as Luiz has, we WILL be harder to beat and get more points for sure!

I'd even go as far as saying the current crop, on form displayed towards the end of the season could pick up a minimum of 9 more points. (44). Add some quality and a finisher to that.

EDIT: Also thinking the boring "Premier League experience" signings might not be the worst. When we remember/realise we did majority of foreigners last season and have a large contingent of them already!

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Using Luiz as the most obvious example, our current crop of players will have settled, have a year of PL experience, as well as Deano, and could go on to become revelations.

If they can step up half as well as Luiz has, we WILL be harder to beat and get more points for sure!

I'd even go as far as saying the current crop, on form displayed towards the end of the season could pick up a minimum of 9 more points. (44). Add some quality and a finisher to that.

How did players settle before we had a transfer window - you could buy them up until March and just slot them straight into the first team

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Indeed, I believe the current team will win more points than we did last season. 

It just took sometime for the team to click with each other, the tactics and the league.