Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

10 minutes ago, thabucks said:

Marseille have a lot of interesting players and being up shit creek financially let’s take advantage... Anyone of the following please would be nice. Djule Caleta-car, Boubacar Kamara, Morgan Sanson, Valentin Rongier, Maxine Lopez... All would improve quality immensely and now should be easily obtainable at a good price. 

Always liked the look of Sanson. No idea on the others but we were linked with Rongier last summer weren’t we or was that just the VT scouting network. 

34 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Expected no different.

Which is why I've been baffled at the notion that some people think they went on holiday, and discussed nothing, until a couple of days ago.

No way would they be that naïve.

I'm sure certain foundations were set/discussed before Lange even officially took up the role.

Absolutely. Also - phones do work in Scotland. I'm pretty sure they could have had follow up discussions, and even exchanged information. 

Some football fans are properly thick - "why are we signing kids; we need first teamers"; "just sign someone now or we'll be left behind"; "just pay whatever they are asking"

Edit - not aimed at anyone on this forum; more of a twitter thing. 

Edited by Pez1974
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Pez1974 said:

Absolutely. Also - phones do work in Scotland. I'm pretty sure they could have had follow up discussions, and even exchanged information. 

Some football fans are properly thick - "why are we signing kids; we need first teamers"; "just sign someone now or we'll be left behind"; "just pay whatever they are asking"

Edit - not aimed at anyone on this forum; more of a twitter thing. 

Mate, forget twitter, the fans on there are positively informed and rational compared to the utter thumb-pushing idiots on the Villa Facebook page.

Go have a read of some of the comments to their daily updates, it's both comical and depressing in equal measure. 

Edited by Steero113
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, villalad21 said:

True but we looked like a mid table team post lockdown

I think our midfield is really good. Jack is superb on the left. Samatta and Wesley are both crap, hoping for a big season for Keinan. Trezeguet on the right is a bit like Weimann, works like a horse and will ship in with a goal every now and then but limited player.

Our defence is ok. Targett still terrifies me defensively but he is good going forward. Heaton on his way back.

I don't think it's as bad as people are suggesting if we make no signings.

Agree completely with this. I do think we will bring in 3 or 4 players though.

I think a quality striker, pacey wide player and combative central midfielder would transform the side. 

Up front we simply didn't score enough but created plenty, so even getting a striker in the mould of Darren Bent could work, but I'd prefer someone who contributed more to the team. Other than the same 2 or 3 names thrown around though I really don't know who would be a good fit and would be attainable, I hope Lange, Smith et al do.

Out wide I haven't written Trezeguet or El Ghazi off but I don't think we should be going into a 2nd season of prem football with those 2 our main wide players alongside Grealish. We sorely lack pace and there are plenty of clubs around Europe who are well overstocked on wide players who we should be in discussions with. 

I agree we have a strong midfield but I do worry if one of Hourihane or McGinn get injured we haven't got a lot in the squad or even coming through the academy to step up. Nakamba and Lansbury may have to do but even then I think one more would provide better balance and competition if Grealish continues to play off the left.

After that as you say, question marks over Targett but he's young and learning, could do with someone other than Taylor as back up so may as well make Targett fight for his place with a new first team player. Centrally and on the right of defence I think we have enough for a slight step up in the Prem.

The interview with Heaton has made me do a 180° on needing a new keeper now too. Think we'll be fine till October with the 3 we have as back up, we need to shift at least 2 of Nyland, Kalinic and Steer before bringing anyone else in. 

The only caveat is if we become aware of a quality player becoming available at a bargain price. Even if we have enough in that position, there may be 1 or 2 brought in simply because the opportunity to sign them was too good to pass up. 

I still feel we do need to trim the squad slightly where we can too. It's going to get a little bloated if we don't get rid of a few, especially with the exciting talent coming through. I don't want their path blocked by players like Hogan, Bree etc.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

Zlatan has yet to sign a new contract at Milan. Just saying...

I'm sure even he would struggle if his lines of supply are AEG and Trez!

2 hours ago, sne said:

That and the ankle surgery but he should be fine now. Marseille would not sell unless they needed too. He's been critical of the team performances but mainly they need money.

https://www.getfootballnewsfrance.com/2020/feature-financial-troubles-at-marseille-just-how-bad-is-it/

time to bring back Amavi? 😉

• Like 4

3 hours ago, sne said:

Fundamentally different players who will not compete for the same positions. I've watched him enough times to say he is a very good player, and yes I've also watched him live for Marseille a few years back. Cracking stadium the Velodrome is after the renovations.

And again Ligue 1 is a better league than the Championship.

Nothing certain about that. In fact it's likely they will. 

And no Ligue one is an absolutely shite league. But lets not start that again. 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

So I take it by all this talk we have not signed anyone but,

We Can Do It Reaction GIF by moodman

Almost think if we signed Messi now it would be an anti-climax.........feel like I've lost 20 years of my life with the end of the season, the last day and now waiting for a signing.........I have a life outside of Villa but sometimes it feels like I dont because I keep coming back to these pages and reading that again nothing has happened.  Yes I know I have to have patience but I would be happy with a tease of one and then the other in a few weeks.  Just need an appetiser please

2 hours ago, Okonokos said:

I've heard big things about Kamara. Going to be a top star apparently.

Kamara is fantastic, and versatile, which I love. Can play CB and DM effectively, and played over 1,000 minutes at each spot last season. I think he's best at CB. Alas, when he leaves Marseille, it'll be for a Champions League team. So maybe we can sign him next summer. 😃

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Almost think if we signed Messi now it would be an anti-climax.........feel like I've lost 20 years of my life with the end of the season, the last day and now waiting for a signing.........I have a life outside of Villa but sometimes it feels like I dont because I keep coming back to these pages and reading that again nothing has happened.  Yes I know I have to have patience but I would be happy with a tease of one and then the other in a few weeks.  Just need an appetiser please

star wars GIF

I do understand you, the wait is crazy for one signing.

Even sheff utd have managed a signing havent they, someone for 18 million, forgot who the sheff utd fan said to me, wasnt that important that's why I didnt take the name in lol.

Oh yeah Aaron Ramsdale for 18 million, is he worth it most likely not but at least they signed someone.

Edited by Dave-R