Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

1 minute ago, sne said:

Yeah the kid Man C signed from Valencia yesterday had a £92m minimum release clause. They sold him for £20m because they are desperate for money.

The clause is just that they can refuse offers below the clause. And you certainly wont get more than the release clause, unless there is something fishy happening.

Yeah the only way that happens is if the bidding team is unaware of the release clause, which never seems to happen funnily enough...

• Like 1

Of all the strikers we've been linked to Edouard is the one I like the sound of the most as he offers us something we don't have n terms of pace, and , whereas Watkins for example is quite similar to Wesley and Davis, despite the fact that he used to play on the wing, when he plays through the middle he's not really the typical winger converted to striker type.

9 minutes ago, Johnnyp said:

Nixon is adamant that 30 million is the fee set for Edouard. Not saying he's an authority or anything, just saying. I think Celtic have a neck even asking for that relative to the level of competition they play. Seen him score a hatrick against Hamilton at the weekend. Not been funny when i say they are the equivalent of a league one club. So, you have to take his and Morelos and anyone up there, scoring record with a pinch of salt. I'd be interested to see Edouard's record in Europe. That's of more value to me.

Edit: 11 goals in 29 European games. That's not bad. Although you do have to factor in Celtic play farmers from Moldova and Kazakhstan in the opening champions league rounds.

I wasn't overtly impressed when I seen the play against Lazio at the Stadio Olimpico earlier in the season. Missed a really good chance iirc. Appears very slight. Prefer Watkins if I had to choose. Glad I don't.

Just watched the Edouard YT clip and have to say he looks like one of those players that knows where the net is and probably will scores goals in the Premier League. It does depend on our budget and what Celtic are willing to sell for though

Edited by mykeyb

2 hours ago, DaveAV1 said:

If Hogan can become a top goal scorer in Scotland, I’m worried about signing Eduardo or any other Scottish striker!  

Adam Rooney, Liam Boyce and Kris Boyd say Och Aye!

1 hour ago, OLDVILLAIN said:

Watching Leeds content creators and reading leeds fan forums...they really are deluded worse than the dog heads..

They reckon not only they will stay up..they reckon big name players will come to them on the cheap and they will finish top 8

They are convinced that most of the players we have been linked with would rather sign for leeds...god i cant wait to thump them next season

TBH,  sounds a lot like some of our fans last summer!  hahaha

• Haha 2

52 minutes ago, pete101 said:

Watched a bit of Celtic ( not a load ,so won't claim to have watched them week in week out)

He looks like a real talent , probably an upgrade on Watkins

Moussa Dembele left Celtic in 2018 for less than 20 million and for me was a far better player

So with the prices being inflated in the 2 years , even so , I don't see where they can quote 40million, 

Celtic are heavily reliant on gate receipts and will probably have to sell

My fear is that with us jumping in and taking mcginn while they were playing hard ball , there might be still some I'll feelings towards us

We got McGinn from Hibernian. Unless you‘re saying the whole of Scottish Premiership might have ill feelings towards us?

50 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Of the four rumoured strikers, I'm kinda here:

•  - any player you buy from Scotland is a risk. He could be a huge success and he could be overawed by the big step up to better leagues. For me, you want to be the Southampton taking the risk for reasonable money, it's okay spending the huge fee when he's been tested, (like Liverpool buying VVD from Southampton) but in this case we're being asked to pay the huge fee directly from Celtic - at £40m, for me he's too big a risk.

• Origi - it's interesting, he seems to score goals whenever he gets the opportunity and he's definitely got something about him - he's not one that jumps out and screams at you that he's the one you need, but he could be quite effective. Would he be able to adjust from bit part player to the pressure of star man?

• Iheanacho - for me, he's the one with the most talent of these four, the most ability and the biggest potential - but he's probably also the one that most under-delivers on that talent and ability. He can be a fantastic striker, but we'd need to make sure we got the best out of him to make him the best choice.

• Watkins - he's quick and mobile and in comparison to the other three he's relatively cheap - he's also untested at this level and maybe lacks a little experience in the position. I like a lot about him, and if we want to spend the majority of the money elsewhere in the side then I think he's an option worth considering - but he's by no means a dead cert.

I'm still not sure any of these four are the right fit for us, they all have things that worry me - of the four, if pushed I'd probably go with Iheanacho. I suspect that wouldn't be the majority opinion.

One thing Watkins has going for him is he's played all three forward positions in a 4-3-3 (I think Origi has too). He's definitely more experienced in the center, but it's nice to have that flexibility to get more goal scorers out there.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

For the money, it's' almost a choice between risky Edouard or risky Watkins and Buendia - for me, I'd rather have the pair than spend the money Celtic seem to want.

to be fair though, if we bought:

Eduardo - 40m

Beundia - 35m

new MC/DM - 25m

that would be 100m well spent?, or at least 100m of statement signings?

but i agree, 40m on a striker doing well in Scotland, is a risk, i suppose its whether the risk is worth taking.

I do think we need to try and make a "marquee" signing this window, to at least show Grealish we are serious....if we want to keep Grealish.

Edited by MaVilla

1 minute ago, KMitch said:

TBH,  sounds a lot like some of our fans last summer!  hahaha

Yes but we actually are a massive massive club....😉

Its one thing I like about Villa fans. There is an arrogance. I live up north but every Villa fan I've met up here has been shall we say 'confident'. Its needed. We as a fan-base are not happy to just make up the numbers and get belly rubs.

Fairplay to Leeds. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Aston_Villan4 said:

We got McGinn from Hibernian. Unless you‘re saying the whole of Scottish Premiership might have ill feelings towards us?

Celtic were low balling Hibs at the time for mcginn when we made our bid

• Like 1

Of the 4 strikers I think Edouard has the highest ceiling and wouldnt be surprised to see him turn out for a top team in the future. Origi on the other hand for me is the worst of the 4 and I dont think he is that much better than Wesley or Samatta

• Like 1